[Solved] How to modify the Editorial module?

aurelkurtula

Hi

I have been working on prestashop for little over 2 days and this is my first post, so if I am point this in the wrong place, or asking a repeated question (even-though I searched around), sorry!

after playing around with the global.css, I designed a theme in photoshop and started to modify the default theme to suite my createion.

In the editorial_block_center there is an iphone image at the moment- in there I want to add a slide show, which needs to look like this http://min.us/mvb1KSq

In order to follow the "good practice" rules should I edit the existing code in the modules/editorial./editorial.tpl ? or should I delete the code already in there and creat what I need the way I would normally do (html/css/jquery)

If you think I should work with the code that is already there, do you know where can I edit the size of the editorial image? so where does $image_width refer to in this snippet:

{if $homepage_logo}getMediaLink($image_path)}" alt="{$editorial->body_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|stripslashes}" {if $image_width}width="{$image_width}"{/if} {if $image_height}height="{$image_height}" {/if}/>{/if}

Thanks for your help

Thanks Angora,
I am going to read the article you recommended.

the image dimension did work, for some reason when I wrote this thread, the effect did not take place but when I re-opened the browser, the dimensions where fine, I was confused :) maybe if I uploaded the image (instead or manually copying the file) the dimensions register automatically (without having to close the browser)

I am interested in this:

Instead of altering the original tpl, place a same-named copy of the tpl file in your theme path
/themes/my_theme/modules/editorial]editorial.tpl
and the app will load this theme-specific copy instead of the original

I tried to:
a. copy the file and add ] at the front
b. copied the folder, and added ] at the bottom

but did not work; if you could explain it again, that be great, as it sounds very usefull

Thanks for you help

• 7 months later...