I have problems in crossing step 3, I checked all my settings in line with prestashop wiki for installation, but still my installation is not moving f

Hi all

My installation is not moving past this step 3. I am not getting any error message, database is connected, email successfully sent and all the folder permissions are set and still I am not getting any results when I click Next. I am installing prestashop 1.4.1.0. Can anyone please help me with a working answer.

45949_ZcNvOaRiDBw4leZg55nf_t

I am having the exact same issue. I am installing this in a Windows environment with GoDaddy.com. I called their support and they confirmed all my server settings are good for this software. I enter MySQL info and test it ... and I'm able to connect. I test the email address with the same thing. I click NEXT and it won't do anything. Frustrating.

SOLVED - I am using GoDaddy as a hosting provider. I couldn't get past step three until I changed a few things on my server. Real easy.

I was getting an error "Can't edit/create "config/config.inc.php". I was trying to manually create one, and when I did I didn't get this error anymore. Instead the whole process just "stopped" ... no error messages or anything.

In my browser based FTP client, I gave Read & Write permissions to the "config" folder. Once I did this ... all went according to plan

Hope this helps.

I tried them all, still no luck. It would be really nice if it at least gives an error message. The problem gets weird when you get no error message and the installation is not going anywhere. Toooooooo Frustrating :(

Hi What is youre providor, mine is strato

I tried them all, still no luck. It would be really nice if it at least gives an error message. The problem gets weird when you get no error message and the installation is not going anywhere. Toooooooo Frustrating :(

If you are using your own FTP software ... like FileZilla or CuteFTP ... for some reason it wouldn't let me change the read/write permissions. I had to log into my GoDaddy account, use their browser based FTP software and change the read/write permissions. I had the exact same problem ... no error message so how do I trouble shoot? I changed the read/write permissions in FileZilla, then went back to that same folder sometime later to do change them again and realized the permissions didn't stick. When I changed the permissions in GoDaddy's browser based FTP Client and went back to the installation it worked.