Hot to remove capitals

Hello,

Removing that feature is not very easy, took some time to find the right files to edit.

That feature should become optional on the next releases. I know in France is usual to write the lastname in capitals, but for example in my country (Portugal) is not usual to do that. I only know how to remove that feature editing the application code, as explained here.

To remove auto capital on lastname you have to edit this files:

admin/tabs/AdminAddresses.php
=> remove «style="text-transform: uppercase;"» on:
<input type="text" size="33" name="lastname" value="'.htmlentities($this->getFieldValue($obj, 'lastname'), ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8').'" style="text-transform: uppercase;" /> *

admin/tabs/AdminCustomers.php
<input type="text" size="33" name="lastname" value="'.htmlentities($this->getFieldValue($obj, 'lastname'), ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8').'" style="text-transform: uppercase;" /> *

admin/tabs/AdminEmployees.php

classes/Address.php
=> find this line and change to this: «$fields['lastname'] = pSQL($this->lastname);»

classes/Customer.php
=> find this line and change to this: «$fields['lastname'] = pSQL($this->lastname);»

classes/Employee.php

Good luck! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey, Infordesign,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried 2 times to edit the above code, but every time I get the same problem.
I can load my frontpage and backweb, that is all, when I want to go further I get the error page
both in the front and backweb.

/Henrik

Hmmmm !!! Well, I guess that the error was from the keyboard and up !! (;O)

I just tried it ones more and this time it WORKED (:o)

Thanks for posting your reply, without that I would have skipped it..

/Henrik

• 2 months later...

This helped me! Thanks!

A note to others, it will not autofix existing names but simply allow new names to be created with lower case last names. You can also go in and edit existing custom accounts and retype the last name to be lower case.

I also went ahead and added this style to my CSS to ensure names always display with Caps on the first letter of the word:

#header #header_user_info span {
   text-transform: capitalize;
}

Great for giving the users name some styles as well :)

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...