Adding a header and top nav?

I'm happy to play with the css and images to change the look of the shop area, but I would like to add a more graphical header which includes 'about us' 'services' etc pages for SEO. I can't find the file that deals with layout to add and additional DIV. Can any one help steer me in the right direction.

To illustrate (badly) I would like to do this:

|                                                                                                                                              |

|                  new graphical header

|                                                                                                                                              |

|                                                                                                                                          _______________________________________________________________________ |

About us  |  Tips  |  product info  |  advertise with us        (prestashop search login etc)

prestashop area

Hi kotoman,

Welcome to the PrestaShop Forum :)

I'm not a developer so I can't help you with delving into the code, but if you're not in a hurry, I recommend you wait until the next release of PrestaShop, the release candidate of which should be out shortly (next 7-10 days?).  The new release will have a brand new default theme which will include, among other improvements, the 'modularization' of the elements on the page so that they can be moved around the page easily via the Back Office.  For example, the "About us | Tips | etc." line will be a separate block, as will the login and search, etc.

You'll still have to change the css to truly customize how it looks, but it should be considerably easier overall.

If you still need help with the current theme's code, let us know and we'll try to help you out, or perhaps a fellow user will stop by with an idea. :)