New LED Bulb Site

FutureLED

The first most obvious thing to look at is making the site not look like a default Prestashop install.. It is important to get accross your branding and image, and as good as the default theme looks, it's just not unique.. It takes a bit of time to work out how to change the look and feel of the site, and you will need a bit of css and html knowledge but it will be worth the while..

Good luck with the shop though; keep us posted on how you get on with sales..

Carl

Hi Carl,
Thanks for the input. I kinow what you mean about the site not looking like the default, although I quite like the cleanliness of it, my skills are extremely limited and hear so many horror stories about themes and mods, I put too much time to get it to this stage so it will be work in progress as I learn bit by bit.
Thanks
allan

Allan,

I do partially agree with you about the default; Prestashop do have a very good layout out of the box, and for some sites it can actually work pretty well without any tweaking... I am working on a site that sells Garden Games at the moment, and I haven't started to work on the theme, but it looks pretty good with the default. However, I will probably make a few tweaks here and there just to make certain parts stand out more..

It can be a little scary when you start to play around with themes, but the effort does pay off in the end.. It's best to practice on a seperate install so that you are in no danger of messing anything up with a live site.. Start small, and only do a bit at a time; you'll eventually start to work out where all of the css is and what it does... Keep at it, and good luck.

Carl

Hi

I see no reason to change from the default theme
I am using the default as well as it looks right for my products.
You are selling practical things and the clean theme does not distract from the product.
I like the multi tabbing for the product. (is this a module?)

Look at some of the functionality as its not quite there - for me - I am beginner here.
Also perhaps try and close up the varous elements on the page but do not make it look crowded.

Good luck.

Hello,

I looked over your website and it looks good. You have worked pretty hard I think to add all of the products with a nice description and technical details. I know this takes time! :)

Other then that everything is good with one single exception - the design-. You are using the default theme and I think it's not that good. From my experience I tell you that a nice looking websites sells more then a poorly designed website ;).

And now if you allow me I would like to suggest a module. I think is pretty good and it will help your customers find the right product with the right price. Currently this is an addon but maybe we will see it as a default module in prestashop.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/search-filter/723-filter-search-21-community-edition.html

Regards,
Cornel