Moving the blocks in Prestashop

Hi everyone

I have seen a few people a bit confused on how to move blocks from left to right columns and vice versa, so i have made a basic tutorial to help the new people to Prestashop out.

I wanted to use a few images so i made it at my site.

To see this Tutorial go HERE

If it only helps one person then i think it was worth it

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to use FTP to upload new image(s). You can a) right click on the image on your site and select view image. Then make your new image with the same name and use it to replace the old file on your ftp.

Or you can change the code in the module. The code for payment pictures are in /modules/blockpaymentlogo/blockpaymentlogo.tpl

You could add an additional line to add another image or type in the name of your new image over one of the current ones. Your image directory is themes/Your_Theme/img/. You will need to upload your new image(s) there.

You will need to use FTP to upload new image(s). You can a) right click on the image on your site and select view image. Then make your new image with the same name and use it to replace the old file on your ftp.

Or you can change the code in the module. The code for payment pictures are in /modules/blockpaymentlogo/blockpaymentlogo.tpl

You could add an additional line to add another image or type in the name of your new image over one of the current ones. Your image directory is themes/Your_Theme/img/. You will need to upload your new image(s) there.

Maybe this in a very dumb question - I'm embarrased to ask... But - where do I find this.. All this code-stuff... Is in on my server, or in backoffice? I'm all new - that's why. Hope you can answer me ;-)

Hi sahrah1101..

If you look a little closere. you will see it is written in the tekst .

This i the text i'm talking about :)

The code for payment pictures are in /modules/blockpaymentlogo/blockpaymentlogo.tpl

And yes it's on the server ;)

Thank you so much... But I can't edit in the files on my server. I think I need a program, but I don't know which one... :/

Static many thanks for the tutorial, nice webpage :)

Sarah1101 like compuland said you´ll need a FTP program and FlasFXP is one of the best, the google search will defenetly help you, after you installed the program you´ll have to configure it to enter in your page, then you go to the directory /modules/blockpaymentlogo/blockpaymentlogo.tpl and just in case you copy the file to you desktop and change it whathever you like, but don´t forget after you copy the file to your desktop you better rename the file in the server.. instead of "blockpaymentlogo.tpl" change to "blockpaymentlogo1.tpl".. this way you´ll have always the original file in your server, if you want it just erase the changed file and rename it again to "blockpaymentlogo.tpl".

I´m kinda of a newbie but i hope i helped just a little bit.

• 4 months later...

Hello, and thanks for this tuto.

But don't forget that the module will display in the modified position ONLY if it contains the appropiate hook function.

for example, if there is no function hookLeftColumn in a module, and if you put it in the left Column using "position" and "Transplante", this module will never be displayed in your website.

I know this is going to be a rather simple fix .........as soon as someone educates me on how to!
I'm a newby and I've been at this for over nine hours now and I can't figure out how to move the "user_info_block" closer to the top of the web page, up even with the "currency_block" and "language_block".
The "user_info_block" currently sits too low over the top right corner of my logo.

I've read the forums and I've tried moving modules in the admin, but I'm still having trouble.
Could someone look at my website (www.t-shirtsupply.com) and make a suggestion on how to accomplish this?

I appreciate the help!
Thanks, Dan Brouwers

The “user_info_block” currently sits too low over the top right corner of my logo

hello,

juste remove the "clear: left;" on your global.css around ligne 824 (#header #header_user)

I suggest you to use "margin: 0.4em 0.3em 0 0;" in #header #header_user too and remove the "margin-top : 0.3em;" around ligne 832 (#header_user ul)

SotEW,

I knew it was going to be easy if I just asked, but I'm more app to remember if I try to figure it out on my own first.

Thanks for the help, it worked!
Dan Brouwers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...