ALT theme pushing into header

Hi
I have just installed the Alt theme and have the content of my cart running into the header at the top (see image).
How can I resolve this - I didn't expect a problem with a theme design by the PS team.
Hoping you can help

Many thanks

45017_VPwkfZMQ2VS6pnqO5Xlx_t

Hi
I have just installed the Alt theme and have the content of my cart running into the header at the top (see image).
How can I resolve this - I didn't expect a problem with a theme design by the PS team.
Hoping you can help

Many thanks

That happened because u remove 2 things: 1. The Logo and 2: The Banner gif.

If you don`t wish to use this 2 things, u need just to leave this 2 empty but not uninstall from modules.

After u leave this empty , use force for compile smarty and all return to normal.

Please check on Back Office, > Module> Features FrontOffice > blockheaderlogos is is Enabled or Instaled. Or uninstall and install again and after that make your settings, upload a banned and one logo and check if it works. Of course check the possition and verify if is set correct on Top.

Back here if you still not resolve.

Done that and the problem is still there - there does not seem to be a Logo or banner despite the fresh install

Give me some information. Check your P.M message here on forum and give me what i ask. Hope to resolve for you.

Hi

I spent most of the day re-installing the original theme. After many hours of trying to fix it I was told that it has a bug.
If you install it then decide to go back to the original PS theme you can't, as the original is now broken. I found that a kittle
too late - all the components where all over the show and a re-install was the only way out. I was really surprised about how flaky this ALT theme turned out to be especially considering that it was put together by PS.
If there is a weakness with PS I believe it to be the lack of free themes that are of any use.

Hi

I spent most of the day re-installing the original theme. After many hours of trying to fix it I was told that it has a bug.
If you install it then decide to go back to the original PS theme you can't, as the original is now broken. I found that a kittle
too late - all the components where all over the show and a re-install was the only way out. I was really surprised about how flaky this ALT theme turned out to be especially considering that it was put together by PS.
If there is a weakness with PS I believe it to be the lack of free themes that are of any use.

Just had the same problem. God if PS can't produce a decent theme for their own product...what about the ones you have to pay for?!

Is there a rating system for themes, so users will know if the theme is any good? I see many, pro looking, flashy themes, but are any of them stable?

Maybe this is also the responsibility of PS, to produce a BO that is more intuitive and logical. I'm new to all of this, and I'll need some time to get used to understanding & configuring BO. So far, it's all very confusing!

On the cynical side, maybe the free themes aren't designed very well so you will have to take a gamble on a paid one anyway. Or take the time to iron out the bugs!

That might suggest that you don't have the facility on your server to unzip the zip file once it is uploaded - that would be pretty unusual though, Although I had a shared server a while ago that would not let me do that - I would tread carefully with this theme - and expect if you decide to go back to the original theme, that on your return it will be broken. You could unzip the file locally and upload it via FTP instead.

• 4 months later...

I dont know if you have sorted this guys but if its the same as mine, just play around with turning the block on and off the quick search pushes everything out so turn that off too

In all honesty though, ill have to disagree with the criticisms, prestashop is free for a start and for what they give its more than its weight in gold, but remember its still us that chooses to use it, nobody forces us

you need to install the two modules "Header logo" and "Home advertising". Then you need to upload your logo via the module "header logo" (Modules => Front Office => Header logos => configure). Then everything should display correctly. The home advertising module is for the banner in the right header region.

• 3 weeks later...