Installation complete -- but when I click to view nothing comes up

My installation is complete, and it gave me 2 options to look at back office or look at the front office. When I clicked on the front office nothing ever came up. When I went to the back office it said error. I changed the name of the admin file and deleted the install folder. Why isn't it working?

Hi, I think I have the same problem also. And also not sure if my installation is 100% completed. I was at Stage 5, and was prompted to delete some readme files, install folder plus rename the admin file. But I have done all these. and the site is still not accessable. Wonder which part did I do wrongly...? =)

How may I check?

I cant see the front end either. I just get a blank page. When I view the sorce it is empty. If I delete my index.php I then get the Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server error code.

I don't know why this is happening. I have just crossed over to the Prestashop community and I am in the learnign curve stage.

Can anyone give me some help please. I would appreciate it greatly. I have been working on this problem all day.

• 2 weeks later...

similar problem for me. can see backend but front end is blank. it forwards to /en/. not sure what that is about but it results in a 404 error. and ive rcvd no help on forums or from directly contacting PrestaShop. pretty shitty resource at first glance.

Hi Guys,

I am trying to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 and I am also in the similar situation, initially i was getting the same error message i.e. blank page after upgrade.

but when i copied .htaccess file from my backup, it has started giving me following error message

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

please help if you have solved the issue.

I would really appreaciate your help.

regards,
om

hey,

thanks for your feedback. You could be right.... as i see it has become more popular with developers and they all want some money for their work/development. Which i can see....But I just go introduced to this platform and found it very useful. I don't want to move platforms every now and then as they are free for a while as it involves a lot of time to learn. this could be my frustration....too.

I would like to add .... i read somewhere that it could be rights issue... so, tried changing to 755 but didn't help.

Anyways, which platform you are using currently.

look forward to hearing from you.

regards,
om

Hi Guys,

I am trying to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 and I am also in the similar situation, initially i was getting the same error message i.e. blank page after upgrade.

but when i copied .htaccess file from my backup, it has started giving me following error message

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

please help if you have solved the issue.

I would really appreaciate your help.

regards,
om

In admin - tools- generators klick button generate htaccess-file and see if it works better