Automatically put products in the parent categories?

So today, I have realised when browsing my store, that lots of my items are not showing up correctly for sorting/filtering, as I haven't manually chosen each parent category for the models.

Here's an example hierarchy of my website's categories and a product I have:

Now a product I have, is checked for "Premium" and is the default category, and it is also checked in the category of "A380". See image:

image.png.e60df0c9cf442b3fac583d3d4e4737e7.png

I would assume 'Airbus' and 'Commercial' would automatically be ticked/checked when browsing the catalogue, but unfortunately this is not the case, as this is an example from my store catalogue filter-view for 'Commercial -> Airbus':

image.thumb.png.4b1c9459331d9f2eae55932cc1ab45da.png

How can I easily fix this issue? To automatically assign 'Airbus' and 'Commercial' to the products, without having to do this manually, for each product, over ~300+ times?

Is there a setting I can enable to make sure my website's filtering includes the products of the parent/child categories??

Thank you for any help.

Edited by sampsonzak (see edit history)

As you can see, if I go into the Premium -> Commercial -> Airbus category, it shows correctly, as the products are in their own subcategory of "Airbus" such as "A350", "A380" etc.

I want these products to automatically show up in "Commercial" and "Airbus" though (The parent categories). Is this possible? I would of assumed these would be in this category automatically!

image.thumb.png.abe2594f9bb1c1df9e679ef4b3382987.png

image.thumb.png.273602adaf6431ae630bd65291c34d79.png

image.png.e17a79ff3ef0e0e5c880ac534b067719.png

Commercial showing only (3) to filter, but this should be around 200.

Military is showing 96 correctly, as there are no subcategories to Military - that is the final category. 

But Commercial, goes depeer:

Commercial -> Airbus -> A350, A380, etc.

Commercial -> Boeing -> B747, B777, etc.