Cart not refreshed automatically in PS 1.7.8.11

Eros eros

Hi guys, in my PS 1.7.8.11 cart not refreshed automatically both when I change the quantities and when you remove the item.

This is the error: jQuery.Deferred exception: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'cart') TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'cart')

Any solutions?

but excuse my ignorance, does the theme need to be updated separately?

we limited ourselves to updating the PS version without worrying about the theme.

the one you linked is the latest updated classic theme

For sure it's a javascript issue. Those buttons beside the quantity are controlled by bootstrap touchspin and obviously the cart updates are done via ajax. Do things like quickview work? Have you spotted any other weird behaviour? It could be core.js in the themes directory (which also specifies the selectors used by the theme js) is missing or corrupt. You can download it from the appropriate branch on github.

I think you need to replace the files in the theme directory with those from the 1.7.8.11 download archive. I suspect something hasn't been updated, but it's just a theory.

Can you look at the "Advanced Parameters-->Information" page in the Back Office and check if it comes up with a list of file changes (at the bottom of the page. It will take a little while to populate)? Just in case we're looking in the wrong place.

Edited by Paul C
grammer.... (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Eros eros said:

so suggest that we overlay our current core.js with that of version 1.7.8.11 assuming that something has not updated correctly.

Could you tell me where to find it?

Download Version 1.7.8.11 and extract it. The files you need to replace are in the root of the themes folder:

core.js
debug.tpl
javascript.tpl

I would look at the Information page first though as it may not be necessary and could be an entirely different issue.

3 minutes ago, Eros eros said:

In attach the list of files

Screenshot_20240402_124922_Chrome.jpg

config/defines.inc.php could have been altered to enable debug mode. The others shouldn't have been modified unless deliberately (which wouldn't be a good idea anyway). None are a smoking gun for your particular issues though.

I would replace the above files from the 1.7.8.11 archive too, however it looks like the upgrade hasn't gone well....

34 minuty temu, Eros eros napisał:

Great, I solved
but now I have the small problem of the arrows in mobile mode not aligned in the cart

image.png.bf8a7ff27921b15124927bb67ea6fdef.png

Should be fixed with some css.
Check in developer console if input field doesnt have any extra width added.

• 2 weeks later...