How to use an external server for images ?

Hi to everyone

It's my first time I need an help, but after googling for one day I haven't found the solution.

Scenario:

Server 1 host prestashop and database (around 150000 items) domain name www.somename.com

Server 2 host items images domain name images.somename.com

Items are uploaded by a csv file contains right images link like "https://images.somename.com/image1.jpg". This server is defined in the field "Media Server 1" on performance menu

The problem is prestashop store images on the Server 1 and NOT in the Server 2.

Where I'm wrong ?

Hello.

It seems that there may be a technical issue with the image hosting configuration. PrestaShop typically stores images on the same server where the website is hosted, unless specific configurations are set up to host images on a separate server (like Server 2 in your case).

To resolve this issue and ensure that images are properly hosted on Server 2, it's essential to have technical interference from PrestaShop experts. They can assist in configuring your PrestaShop installation to correctly store and retrieve images from the designated server.

To benefit from PrestaShop's technical assistance, I recommend opening a ticket via their support platform at support.prestashop.com . Their dedicated support team will be able to provide you with the necessary guidance and assistance to address this issue effectively.

Wishing you an excellent day.

images.somename.com is a different server. So your shop script doesn't have access to its file system and cannot copy images there even if it wanted to.

You might consider installing a copy of your shop on the image server just for the image upload.