Change products Tax based on language selector when Not logged in

Nathalie W

Hi everyone

Is there a way to have the product show it's prices with different taxes based on which language is selected?

Iv'e set up correct tax rules, but the tax of the products are only changing when choosing country in the cart. This is not how it should be, cause it will confuse visitors.

Ie. in France the tax is 20% and in Sweden it's 25%. If my default country is Sweden, all products will always show 25% tax on the price, until the customer go to the checkout and choose France. Then the price will be lower.

In this native case, all products with different taxes will have wrong prices and that is bad regarding to visitors, and Google SERP's will always show a higher price for countries with lower or higher tax that the default shop country.

Is there a solution for this?

On 2/27/2024 at 12:34 AM, Nathalie W said:

Is there a way to have the product show it's prices with different taxes based on which language is selected?

That would lead to many errors. I use almost always english and live in South America.

Hello,

As the example above shows, the language has nothing to do with the country and its taxes, and neither does the IP address, which might be a good idea, since you can be in any country with any IP address.

The best thing to do, if you want to be precise, would be to ask for the billing country information when you arrive on the site.

Just now, Mediacom87 said:

Hello,

As the example above shows, the language has nothing to do with the country and its taxes, and neither does the IP address, which might be a good idea, since you can be in any country with any IP address.

The best thing to do, if you want to be precise, would be to ask for the billing country information when you arrive on the site.

Interesting! How can i do that?

1 minute ago, Mediacom87 said:

with a specific module.

I haven't done any research, but it must exist, if not, I can develop it.

Strange that it's not a native function, since PS is multilingual... It sounds expensive to develop such module ☺️

1 hour ago, Nathalie W said:

Strange that it's not a native function, since PS is multilingual... It sounds expensive to develop such module ☺️

First: No language belongs to a country, second imagine someone from your country pressed into paying taxes of a different country just because you believe it whould be service. English is mother tongue for xx countries, spanish too, french too and many more.

1 minute ago, Nickz said:

First: No language belongs to a country, second imagine someone from your country pressed into paying taxes of a different country just because you believe it whould be service. English is mother tongue for xx countries, spanish too, french too and many more.

Yes, but when i change country during registration in checkout the price differ due to the current country Tax. Ie. France have 21% Tax and Sweden have 25% Tax. This works well during registration in checkout. 

It would be awesome if the prices changed in the same way depending on which country(language) they choose in the shop while browsing products.

The downside with this is that product prices are "unnecessary high" for a French visitor compared to a Swedish or Danish visitor.

1 hour ago, Nathalie W said:

It'd be awesome if the prices changed in the same way depending on which country(language) they choose in the shop while browsing products.

That might be for 75% of the users. But for the rest you lose or gain complaints.

How many customers do you have who buy from different countries? What kind of product do you sell?
In my experience you need to have severall shops as designs are pretty different when it comes to country tastes.

• Like 1