Exporting products between Prestashops of different versions.

Vesper

Good morning,

What is the best system to export products from Prestashop v8.1 to a Prestashop v1.7, and vice versa?
What technical considerations should be taken into account?

I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter.

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Exporting and importing products between PrestaShop versions can be challenging due to differences in database structures and features. Here are some general steps and tools that can help, but keep in mind that complex configurations might require a custom solution:

1- PrestaShop Back Office Tools:

Export/Import CSV:

* In the PrestaShop admin, you can use the built-in CSV import/export feature.

* Go to Advanced Parameters > CSV Import.

* Export the products from the source store and import them into the target store.

Note: This method is suitable for simple product data but may not handle all features.

2- Third-Party Modules:

Data Migration Pro : https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/8934-migrationpro-prestashop-upgrade-and-migration.html

Some third-party modules like "Data Migration Pro" are designed for migrating between PrestaShop versions.

Purchase and install the module, and follow the provided instructions.

This method is more robust and may handle a wider range of data.

I wish you a good day.

• Thanks 1

The big question is what features of products you want to export/import. I have two free tools that you can use.

- you can use product-edit of Prestools. It allows you to select which products you want to export and then you can import them with the csv import function of Prestashop.

- my tool copy_shopdata is mainly used for moving all the data of one shop to another. But you can easily adapt the config file so that it copies only product data. Note that this tool will copy all products and erase what was already there before the copy.

• Thanks 1