Crashed website

krakensankey

My very simple 2 product website has crashed ( corrupted file by my host?) I installed this back in 2009? and the version is 1.1.0.5 so is a real dinosaur. It's a hobby and I'm retired 73 yrs old and have no idea what file has corrupted.the site is fleetmicro.com - either go there or see attached jpg of what the site looks like... Does anyone, by any chance have a clue as to what file might be corrupted and preventing the web page from loading correctly ? I know it's a long shot, by maybe some genius can help me reover it. Thanks

web page.jpg

Hi,

The problem is that your version of PrestaShop is too old to run on today's servers.

You'll need to upgrade to PrestaShop version 1.6, but that's going to take a lot of work.

If you only have two products, it might be simpler to completely rebuild your site from scratch.

You're probably right, but it has been hosted ok since 2019...Can you suggest some progam that a 73 yr old numpty could use to build a web page with 2 product pictures and some text that I could ftp up to my host/webpage.? I'm just about ok with my control panel using ftp ( I think) :(

PrestaShop works perfectly for this.

But it has to be maintained, kept up to date and must evolve according to the constraints of your hosting.

On the other hand, I don't understand, you mention 2009 in the first message, then 2019 in the last.

Question, have you or your host changed anything so that the site is called in HTTPS, because your problem is that the JavaScript files seem to be called in HTTP.

But I must admit that it's been a long time since I've had to intervene or use such an old version, and people have generally switched to 1.2 or 1.3.

OK. my original install/build was 2009. most of the files are date stamped 2009. I moved my hosting in 2019 for cost reasons. Up until recently, there has never been a problem. Given the rtivial content, I never bothered to update and TBH, I would have struggled to do it anyway. I had someone build it for me who has long since gone.If I were to ask nicely, would you care to take a look at the problem? Hostpresto did a restore from  a 2021 backup which didn't fix the problem... last night they asked permission for them to restore the database which they did but it's still dead.And now they screwed up my backoffice login so I can't get in again. :(

il y a 42 minutes, krakensankey a dit :

OK. my original install/build was 2009. most of the files are date stamped 2009. I moved my hosting in 2019 for cost reasons. Up until recently, there has never been a problem. Given the rtivial content, I never bothered to update and TBH, I would have struggled to do it anyway. I had someone build it for me who has long since gone.If I were to ask nicely, would you care to take a look at the problem? Hostpresto did a restore from  a 2021 backup which didn't fix the problem... last night they asked permission for them to restore the database which they did but it's still dead.And now they screwed up my backoffice login so I can't get in again. :(

Funny, I've just written an article on the subject of site restoration on the hosting side.

So now you can't access your store, and if I go to your server to retrieve the data, I'll end up with something completely wobbly anyway, since you can't even connect to the back office yourself.

It's hard to recover data if it's corrupted.

Of course I could get the shop up and running, but since it's all based on obsolete technology, it's even more complex.

You've read the thread.... You know this is almost a lost cause  because of the trivial size of the website and I sell maybe one product a month, It would not be economic to have to pay for your service... If you want to have a go as a freebie, tell me what logons you need... my back office for sure... but do you need my control panel ? I understand perfectly if you would only do it on a fee paying basis.

Edited by krakensankey (see edit history)

9 hours ago, krakensankey said:

You've read the thread.... You know this is almost a lost cause  because of the trivial size of the website and I sell maybe one product a month, It would not be economic to have to pay for your service... If you want to have a go as a freebie, tell me what logons you need... my back office for sure... but do you need my control panel ? I understand perfectly if you would only do it on a fee paying basis.

I will send you a pm

The problem was SSL. SSL had been enabled for the site as such. But in the configuration table PS_SSL_ENABLED still had value 0. There was also a variable $useSSL that had to be set to 1.

Without that the site tried to load its css files over htpp and the browser refused that. Result: a page without styling.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 1