Prestashop Upgrade 1.7 to 8.X - api_private_key

mati7716

When updating Prestashop from 1.7 to 8.x, an error occurs.

I noticed that this is a global problem, does anyone already have a solution?

When updating Prestashop to version 8.x, the following errors were displayed -> [INTERNAL]
/var/www/prestashop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Compiler/DefinitionErrorExceptionPass.php line 54 - Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\RuntimeException: You have requested a non-existent parameter "api_private_key". #0 /var/www/prestashop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Compiler/AbstractRecursivePass.php(83): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\DefinitionErrorExceptionPass->processValue() #1 /var/www/prestashop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Compiler/DefinitionErrorExceptionPass.php(32): 

• 2 months later...

This error cam from file app/config/parameters.php

In Prestashop 8.x, 2 new attributes have been added : "api_public_key" and "api_private_key".

In my case, I rolled back to the previous file (to have old batabase names) and error comes because those 2 attributes were missing. I got them in my history so I could let them back and it's ok.

When upgrading 1.7 to 8, always manually backup your files and your bdd to replay upgrade if it is necessary (and it was for me !)

Hope it helps for futur upgraders.

Edited by cnoulette (see edit history)