a fresh install of 1.8.3

Soha 8084

Hello everyone

so am just getting started so I tried upgrading 1.8.2 to 1.8.3 but the market place did not work and some errors occurred then I tried to roll back and the shop collapsed

so I thought why not install a fresh version of 1.8.3 
everything looks good but there is no market place option in BO for modules nor for themes
so is that normal ? was it a good idea to install fresh installation or is this version meant to be an upgrade only ?

please advice at which version should I go with

thanks

Edited by Me 8084 (see edit history)

@Me 8084 Could you please confirm the correct version of your Prestashop store? For minor patch version it’s always good to upgrade the version. 

If in case any issues during upgrading major version in that case fresh installation good choice but it totally depends on the situation and issues you are facing.

In your case it seems better to directly upgrade and fix the any error if any after upgrade.

Thanks.

Hello

35 minutes ago, dinesh badrukhiya said:

@Me 8084 Could you please confirm the correct version of your Prestashop store? For minor patch version it’s always good to upgrade the version. 

If in case any issues during upgrading major version in that case fresh installation good choice but it totally depends on the situation and issues you are facing.

In your case it seems better to directly upgrade and fix the any error if any after upgrade.

Thanks.

I started with 1.8.2 upgraded to 1.8.3 with 1-click-upgrade
I lost the marketplace under modules and themes some errors poped up 

so I deleted everything and installed 1.8.3 and I like it, I noticed it does not have the marketplace module as the default 
I am still trying it out

do you suggest I keep it or is it incorrect to use it as a fresh installation?