PayPal payment methods

ale.pixel

Hello everyone!

I'm having a problem I can't solve regarding the payment methods in PayPal and their assistance isn't helping me.

Basically, I would like to avoid customers with a non-registered PayPal account to be able to use their credit cards on my website and leave the "Pay with your PayPal account" the only available option. Problem is that, even if I'm using their official module and I can't find any setting about it, they are inviting me to contact the PrestaShop assistance for any kind of help about the module integration... this is silly, since the paymenth method is about PayPal and not PrestaShop, but they keep giving me a semi-automated answer which leads nowhere.

Any of you have ever had this kind of need? Who do you think should deal with this request? I honestly don't understand who I should ask for help right now.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, ale.pixel said:

Basically, I would like to avoid customers with a non-registered PayPal account to be able to use their credit cards on my website and leave the "Pay with your PayPal account" the only available option. Problem is that, even if I'm using their official module and I can't find any setting about it, they are inviting me to contact the PrestaShop assistance for any kind of help about the module integration

don't use Paypal, Paypal can close your account due to bad mood.
Stripe, Klarna, Crypto, Banktransfers are better. 

20 hours ago, Nickz said:

None taken. This is a public forum where people take part in order to contribute in finding a solution.
So the answer might not satisfy you but could make someone else happy.  

I know, that's why I wasn't meaning it in a rude way! Thanks for the answer anyway 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

you're facing challenges with the PayPal integration on your PrestaShop website and want to restrict customers without a registered PayPal account from using credit cards. Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:

PayPal Business Account:

Ensure that you are using a PayPal business account for your integration. Business accounts usually provide more customization options for payment methods.

PayPal Express Checkout:

If you're using PayPal Express Checkout on your PrestaShop website, log in to your PayPal account, go to your account settings, and check the configuration for Express Checkout. You may find options related to guest checkout and credit card usage.

PrestaShop PayPal Module Settings:

In your PrestaShop back office, navigate to the PayPal module settings. There might be specific options related to the types of payments allowed. Look for settings related to guest checkout or credit card usage.

Customize Checkout Page:

If PayPal allows customization of the checkout page appearance, check if there are options to hide certain payment methods. This might be a setting within your PayPal account.

PayPal Customer Support:

Reach out directly to PayPal customer support. Explain your specific requirement of allowing only PayPal account payments and not credit card payments for non-registered users. They might be able to guide you to the correct settings.

PrestaShop Community:

Visit the PrestaShop community forums to see if other users have faced similar issues and if there are any community-developed solutions or workarounds.

Professional PrestaShop Developers:

If you can't find a solution through the above steps, consider consulting with professional PrestaShop developers or agencies. They may be able to customize the PayPal module or provide a tailored solution based on your specific needs.

Documentation Review:

Check the documentation for both PrestaShop and PayPal. There might be specific instructions or options mentioned that you haven't explored yet.

Testing Environment:

If possible, set up a testing environment where you can experiment with different settings without affecting your live website. This allows you to try various configurations without impacting your customers.

Edited by Celvin Klassen (see edit history)

On 12/29/2023 at 7:45 PM, ale.pixel said:

Hello everyone!

I'm having a problem I can't solve regarding the payment methods in PayPal and their assistance isn't helping me.

Basically, I would like to avoid customers with a non-registered PayPal account to be able to use their credit cards on my website and leave the "Pay with your PayPal account" the only available option. Problem is that, even if I'm using their official module and I can't find any setting about it, they are inviting me to contact the PrestaShop assistance for any kind of help about the module integration... this is silly, since the paymenth method is about PayPal and not PrestaShop, but they keep giving me a semi-automated answer which leads nowhere.

Any of you have ever had this kind of need? Who do you think should deal with this request? I honestly don't understand who I should ask for help right now.

Thanks in advance!

Can't solve the Paypal Payment method.