Warning: escapeshellcmd() has been disabled for security reasons

locant57

I don't know if it's just a coincidence but, following a problem with the PayPal module, I'm experiencing problems on my Prestashop.
Basically I couldn't update the PayPal module to the latest version.
I therefore decided to uninstall the module, and install it again.
In this way, PayPal is now updated to the latest version.
Since then, however, I have noticed a problem on the B.O.
Basically, every time I change the status of an order, I get the seductive error messages:
Warning: escapeshellcmd() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/virtual/mysite.com/htdocs/ecommerce/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/MailTransport.php on line 259

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/virtual/mysite.com/htdocs/ecommerce/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/MailTransport.php:259) in /var/www/virtual/mcelettronica.net/htdocs/ecommerce/classes/Tools.php on line 249

In these cases, I am forced to turn back the browser, to be able to restore everything.
The curious thing is that the email is sent regularly to my client.
I don't understand what could be causing this error.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Antonio

I am not sure why that happens with you in this situation. Did you change something in your PHP configuration?

There are two things you can do:

- allow the use of this command (this can be done in php.ini)

- replace the /vendor/swiftmailer/ directory with a the same software from a newer version like 1.7.8. That version doesn't use escapeshellcmd(). However, this should be tested well and you should be prepared to set the old version back. Note that you may also need to replace /prestashop/vendor/swiftmailer/.