Cannot install my module: The module is invalid and cannot be loaded.

Hi,

When installing my module, I get an error stating "The module is invalid and cannot be loaded." The Prestashop Module Validator shows all green. And I cannot see any related information in the standard log file for Prestashop.

Any hint on where to look for what may be wrong with my module is appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
Stefan

The module is done by me. Just starting to build one for a friend. I am operating on the latest Prestashop version with standard theme and PHP 8.1.26.

I had a version of the module running using the legacy form style. But thought it might be a good idea to use the modern way (Symfony). Maybe not so good an idea 😊

Cheers
Stefan

On 12/27/2023 at 7:34 PM, d2o said:

The module is invalid and cannot be loaded.

Hi,

Kindly check PHP error logs for any specific error message.

Make sure that your module's file structure follows Prestashop's standards. The main files like index.php, config.xml, and others should be in the correct locations. Double-check that the module name in these files matches the actual folder name.

If you are using Symfony or any modern approach, make sure your classes use the correct namespaces.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. I actually did check the PHP logs and there was nothing there. It remains a mystery.

Well, after some search, I gave up and re-wrote the module from scratch. Even using Symfony. Works fine now.

Happy New Year,
Stefan