Back office new user creation problem

geochrist

Hi to all,

I am using prestashop 8.04

I am trying to create a new back office user.

I create the user but he can not login to the backoffice. His account is active and I have checked everything so many times. I cannot understand what the problem is.

When I open the new user entry for editing I can see that the password field is totally empy. Like it did not store the password I typed in when initially creating the new user. This is not the same as my own admin account where the password is displayed in the form ********** with a button to change it!

Can someone please help me?

Thank you

I know that it sounds like a silly problem but it is not. There seems to be a bug somewhere.

The only working BO user is the one created when installing prestashop. When I try to edit this user a button is shown to change his current password. In contrast any new user created with a new password cannot login to the BO. When opening a new user  account in the backoffice with the initial user admin account created when installing prestashop I can see that the button to change his password is missing! It seems that prestashop did not save the new user password.

Anyone please help.

Edited by geochrist (see edit history)