Unable to generate private keys using openssl_pkey_new. Check your OpenSSL configuration, especially the path to openssl.cafile.

Good afternoon, so I'm trying to install prestashop for the first time on a local machine with xamp so I can run some tests and learn more about the platform, but I came across this error and I can't move forward, I've seen some posts here on the forum and even so for a person who doesn't know anything about it, I couldn't get away with it. I have also tried to create a certificate manually to see if it is resolved, but without success. If anyone has any tips to help in a simple way.

1.thumb.png.c736bde562a471490e6e99e10b3fa502.png

ok i solve it doing this way, hope this helps someone too.

Press Windows + R to open the Windows Run prompt. Type in sysdm.cpl and click OK. Open the Advanced tab and click on the Environment Variables button in the System Properties window.
Add variable name: "OPENSSL_CONF" variable value like: "C:\xampp\apache\conf\openssl.cnf" with the path where you installed xampp. Note that after setting an environment variable you need to restart Windows for it to work.

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2023 at 12:11 AM, DuMarques said:

ok i solve it doing this way, hope this helps someone too.

Press Windows + R to open the Windows Run prompt. Type in sysdm.cpl and click OK. Open the Advanced tab and click on the Environment Variables button in the System Properties window.
Add variable name: "OPENSSL_CONF" variable value like: "C:\xampp\apache\conf\openssl.cnf" with the path where you installed xampp. Note that after setting an environment variable you need to restart Windows for it to work.

thank you so much, it solved my problem!

• Like 1