Need Assistance with PrestaShop URL Configuration - Root Access Issue

Kalared

Hello PrestaShop Community,

I am attempting to configure my PrestaShop store to be accessible directly from the root domain (e.g., https://pandoraboxfrance.com/), instead of the current setup (https://pandoraboxfrance.com/pandorabox/). I have made adjustments in the PrestaShop back office, the .htaccess file, and the database, but I'm still encountering difficulties.

What I've Done :

Updated the "Chemin de base" to "/" in the PrestaShop back office.

Modified the .htaccess file to reflect the new base path.

Adjusted the domain entries in the PrestaShop database (ps_shop_url table).

Despite these changes, accessing the root domain is resulting in a 404 error.

If anyone has experience with PrestaShop URL configurations and has successfully resolved a similar issue, your guidance would be immensely appreciated. I'm particularly interested in insights on how to properly set up the root access and whether there are additional steps I might be missing.

You forgot one thing: cleaning the cache.

Modifying .htaccess sounds rather creepy to me. It is easy to do that wrong. The correct way is to go in the backoffice to the SEO&Urls page and press Save below the scheme of urls section.

For the rest: changing ps_shop_url should have been enough. You don't need to make the same change in the backoffice too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

You forgot one thing: cleaning the cache.

Modifying .htaccess sounds rather creepy to me. It is easy to do that wrong. The correct way is to go in the backoffice to the SEO&Urls page and press Save below the scheme of urls section.

For the rest: changing ps_shop_url should have been enough. You don't need to make the same change in the backoffice too.

Thanks, I solved this yesterday.

Have good day