How can I check if database table is necessary

Maximus Design

Our database is taking a lot of space
We have tables that were not used for a long time and I don't see anything about them in official documentation.
For example ps_category_product_dup3 is taking around 300MB and I can't find anything about it.
How can I check for what those tables are used and if I can delete them?

screen.png

It fills me with horror to see you linking to the file system for this information instead of phpmyadmin or a similar interface. Do not directly delete those files. Use the interface instead.

Most of the database size with Prestashop is usually with the statistics tables like ps_connection and ps_guest. You can always empty them.

As for ps_category_product_dup3: it is obvious that it is no system table. A fresh installation of Prestashop doesn't contain it. You can do a text search in the modules directory for "category_product_dup3" (the name minus the prefix) to see whether any module uses it. My guess would be that this is some kind of backup made by a previous system administrator. Have a look at the table structure: if it is the same as that of ps_category_product it is almost certain a copy.