[SOLVED] Module - Add a free gift/item ID to all first-time orders (Check email address used)

sampsonzak

I currently have a discount setup, to give an item, free of charge for all first-time orders. This applies to all customers one-time only. However, the issue is if guest accounts are used, then this discount is unlimited, and I only want customers to receive this gift one-time for free.

I am needing a plugin to be made, which:

1. After any order is placed, the module checks the email address used to place the order - and checks if they have ever received ITEM ID 555 (Gift Product ID) in any previous guest/customer account orders under that email address.

If yes: do nothing. don't give free gift.

If no: Add product ID '555' (£0.00 value) to the order. Please ensure the item/free gift  shows in the Order Page on back-end (like as a normal purchased item), along with the free gift showing in the PDF Invoice of the order. 

The module MUST check the email address used to place the order, to only allow the free gift, ONCE per email address. (So customers using guest checkout don't receive it every time they place an order.) Only apply the free gift once per email address.

That is all I need! I hope this will be a quick and easy plugin for someone to make! 

Please drop me a message with a price quote if you can make this for me. I am happy to pay via PayPal / Debit/Credit Card. I would like to first teamviewer to ensure the module is working correctly and then I will pay in full. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I need to explain any further!

Thanks!!

Edited by sampsonzak
solved (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Hi.

I created the module. 1.5 hours of work. It checks the email and also the delivery address. So it adds a gift to only one email, be it a guest or a customer. If a different email is entered, but the address is the same, the gift will not be added. If the customer selects "Reorder", the gift product will not be added from the previous order.

It will be tomorrow @sampsonzak test.

After that, this thread will be marked as resolved.

obrazek.thumb.png.ae89bb2337bdde43fc759fd62412848f.png

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)

• sampsonzak changed the title to [SOLVED] Module - Add a free gift/item ID to all first-time orders (Check email address used)