Newsletter Pro V5.0.6 not working with Prestashop 8.1.2

tomdebeyer

Dear community members,

I am running Prestashop 8.1.2 with PHP 8.1 -A at the beginning of the year I bought the Business Care option for the Newsletter Pro module by ProQuality (Ovidiu).

The developper send me the module version v.5.0.6 for Prestashop 8.0 and in the beginning it worked -> but since the update to Prestashop 8.1 the module is not working anymore and I can't send newsletters (emails) as I always receive an AJAX REQUEST ERROR -> please see attached screenshot.

Since April I am trying to get support from the developper -> until now I did NOT get any answer from the developper -> I have contacted Prestashop support multiple times and they assured me the programmer/developper will get in touch with me - but until now no reaction from their side.

I am very annoyed as I can't send Newsletters since moths - and there is NO help from Prestashop support ????

Does anybody have the seem problem? Does anybody have an idea how to solve this ?

any help very appreciated - Tom

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-07 um 15.49.04.png

Hello,

thanks for your answer -> yes it's this one - I know it says the module is for Prestahop 1.7.8 - but I had contact with the developer at the beginning of this year (before buying the Business Care) and he has sent me a version for Prestashop 8.0 - and at first it has worked - but since the update to Prestashop 8.1 it stopped working and I got the Ajax Error...and the developer has not answered to my messages since than 😞

I have read before that the Ajax Error could be related to folder & file permissions - does anybody know if this could be the problem?

thanks!

That module has been abandoned, it's sad because it was a valid module but the developer hasn't updated it for almost 2 years.
Support is almost non-existent... If you are lucky you get a message back from the developer after some weeks, and then he disappears.

Since I upgraded my shop to PS8.1 I has to stop using it, because the module it's not developed for it.

After a lot of search I found out that there's not an althernative with all the same feature, but the most promising and the one that fit my need is this one:
https://addons.prestashop.com/it/newsletter-sms/47417-newsletter-wizard-pro.html

Actually it's still a bit limited, but allows me to manage mailing lists, create newsletters and schedule campaigns.
And most important thing... The developer is always ready to assist and solve problems.
I am also sending him some tips about improvements and new features.

I hope more people will buy it so that he can spend more time on it, to make it what it was "newsletter pro" module.

12 hours ago, JBW said:

Check Ajax request response in browser console (with activated debug mode) to see the error details

will try to do that - thanks!

On 3/10/2023 at 3:15 PM, ttimmy2005 said:

Ok, so an update on this that might help others who are facing the same situation.

While looking around my website for possible causes I found that after the update from 1.7.8.8 to 8.0.1 the default theme (Classic) didn't update with it. I was left with Classic v1 instead of the latest version (2.0.6). So, after various attempts to upload the updated theme I had to install a fresh copy of the latest prestashop in a sub domain, and then export the theme from that. This then allowed me to upload it to my current website where I would then switch over to that. Contact form now works as it should. In order to be able to upload the theme I had to rename it to "Classic2" in the config file, if this isn;t done then you will receive an error that you already have Classic theme installed.

I hope that this helps anyone facing the same thing.

8 hours ago, DARKF3D3 said:

That module has been abandoned, it's sad because it was a valid module but the developer hasn't updated it for almost 2 years.
Support is almost non-existent... If you are lucky you get a message back from the developer after some weeks, and then he disappears.

Since I upgraded my shop to PS8.1 I has to stop using it, because the module it's not developed for it.

After a lot of search I found out that there's not an althernative with all the same feature, but the most promising and the one that fit my need is this one:
https://addons.prestashop.com/it/newsletter-sms/47417-newsletter-wizard-pro.html

Actually it's still a bit limited, but allows me to manage mailing lists, create newsletters and schedule campaigns.
And most important thing... The developer is always ready to assist and solve problems.

I hope more people will buy it so that he can spend more time on it, to make it what it was "newsletter pro" module.

8 hours ago, DARKF3D3 said:

thanks for your message -> I will check this module out - very likely I will buy it as I need a solution for sending Newsletters...and as you wrote there is absolutely no response from the developer of Newsletter Pro...so probably it's time to move on...