Priority price catalog rules- Prestashop 1.7.8.10

mirkodescalchi

Hi everyone, just a quick question for the more experienced users:
in my shop I have a dozen product categories and as many price catalog rules with different discounts.

The question is: if I choose a default category for an item and then add other categories to its details, which category takes precedence over the price shown in the product sheet?

I'll explain:

In the shop I have 3 categories: RUN, T-SHIRT and OUTLET.
I have an item "ADIDAS RUN shirt" its default category is RUN and they are also flagged, HOME and T-SHIRT. The shirt has a discounted base price of -15% as all RUN shirts are discounted by -15% (RUN - catalog price rule).

In two months, the product will go to outlets with a -40% discount. Then, in the product sheet, I add a flag in the OUTLET product category (which has as a rule - 40% price catalog) and make it the default, leaving the others active too.

The product sheet does not show the discount for the OUTLET category but only that of the standard discounted list price (-15%). If I deselect the RUN category, the -40% discount is shown.

I'm going crazy as to why and the only explanation is that when I created the price catalog rules, OUTLET is practically the last item, therefore I came to the conclusion that the price catalog rules follow a temporal order at a priority level.

What do you think?
Thank you for your time.
Mirko.

22 hours ago, ComGrafPL said:

You could also exclude that product from discount rules.

Hi and tks for your reply.

The product is in the discounts because it has a special reduced price, I cannot exclude it from the discounts... if I exclude it goes back to being a product with a normal price.