SOLVED Home slider, only 3 banners in the administration panel

sylwekb

Prestashop 1.7.8.10 image slider I have a problem with the photo slider, from the administration panel I can only see 3 sliders. I have many more of them, but from the administration panel I can only see 3 of them. I cleared the cache and it doesn't help. What is the cause? I checked the ps_homeslider table in the database and there are 7. How to fix it so that they all appear in the Prestashop administration panel

ps_homeslider.jpg

sliders.jpg

Edited by sylwekb
solved (see edit history)

I use a normal store without multishop. The strange thing is that after saving the new slide in the administration panel, it is not visible. The newly added slide is visible from the front. Only 3 slides are visible in the administration panel. What is the cause and how to fix it? As you can see, the added slides are visible in the database. Sliders version v3.1.3

Edited by sylwekb (see edit history)

Very strange ! I tried to reproduce the same thing but I can't, with the sames versions of Prestashop (1.7.8.10) and Homeslider (3.1.3).

• Which web browser are you using ? Have you tried with another web browser or in a private browsing window ?
  • Display of slides requires Javascript for dragging/positioning, haven't you any error in your browser console ?
  • Are you using any Prestashop module limiting SQL results for your shop ? Any cache module ?
  • Do you use Prestashop cache ? Have you tried to disable it ?
Edited by Laurent HADOT (see edit history)

I checked on Firefox and Chrome and it's the same in the administration panel, there are only 3 slides even though there are more of them, and when I add new slides, they show up at the front, and in the administration panel there are always 3 slides. I can swap these 3 slides in the administration panel, so I guess JavaScript works. I turned on debug mode and I don't see any error. I cleared the browser cache and it didn't change anything. Cache disabled. I don't use any module for SQL constraints.

I reset the module and there is the same problem, i.e. there are only 3 slides in the administrative panel, even though I added new. Database dump for homeslider tables.

You can see that there are 5 slides in the database. Why don't the remaining 2 slides appear in the administration panel?

On 10/31/2023 at 7:28 AM, sylwekb said:

I have many more of them, but from the administration panel I can only see 3 of them.

Best effects in sales have sliderless shops. The product needs to stick out.

People do not come to you to see the beauty of your shop.

• Like 1

If this is the case, most stores have these siders and all Prestashop templates have them as standard. I have it set up so that the sliders click on the product category. I'm still looking for the reason that there are only 3 slides in the administration panel, even though I have more saved.

4 hours ago, sylwekb said:

I couldn't insert the attachment directly in txt or sql, so I saved a dump of the homeslider tables to PDF. sql attachements

Thank you. I don't know why, but it seems the module try to show slides only with images in the Back-office. Each slide are stored in 3 different languages but there are no image for some languages in the slides you create. It's seems to be a bug.

When you create your slides, did you set all mandatory fields and image in all languages ?

Edited by Laurent HADOT (see edit history)

I think I've already solved the problem, in the administration panel it looks like you have to fill in absolutely all fields, even the unnecessary ones if you are adding a new banner. If there are, for example, 3 languages, we fill in all fields for all languages, even those that are not necessarily required, including graphics. If we do not add text or graphics in a given field, it will not appear in the slide administration panel but will be saved in the database. Then we modify the banner and remove unnecessary content, and everything is still in the administration panel

If someone has a similar problem, you need to complete all text fields and even sample photos in the table ps_homeslider_slides_lang via phpmyadmin then all slides will appear in the administration panel and you will be able to edit them.

• sylwekb changed the title to SOLVED Home slider, only 3 banners in the administration panel