Prestashop upgrade to 8.1.1 from 1.7.8.10

KobusB

Hi

I tried to upgrade my shop to 8.1.1 and at first it was with php7 this did not owkr. The hosting company installed php8.1 but still the site did not work. They have sent me the following error in the logs:

[26-Oct-2023 14:11:23 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of PaymentModule::validateOrder($id_cart, $id_order_state, $amount_paid, $payment_method = 'Unknown', $message = null, $extra_vars = [], $currency_special = null, $dont_touch_amount = false, $secure_key = false, ?Shop $shop = null) must be compatible with PaymentModuleCore::validateOrder($id_cart, $id_order_state, $amount_paid, $payment_method = 'Unknown', $message = null, $extra_vars = [], $currency_special = null, $dont_touch_amount = false, $secure_key = false, ?Shop $shop = null, ?string $order_reference = null) in /home/[DOMAIN]/[DOMAIN]/override/classes/PaymentModule.php on line 40

The payment methods I use are:

Stripe

COD

Checque

Bank Transfer

The last 3 are really just modules that send an email with information.

Can anybody please help e with this?

The error is in an override: /home/[DOMAIN]/[DOMAIN]/override/classes/PaymentModule.php on line 40

So you can look into that file and you will likely see to which module it belongs. Otherwise you can search the modules for the same file.

The best approach is to remove that module and then to install its latest version that should be compatible with the latest PHP and Prestashop.

• Like 1