Redirect 301

Daniel Persson

Hi,

Im trying to fix the 301 rule that it seems my site have..

At the moment it seems the my site atomatic redirect version a to version b

Version a: https://www.testlabbet.nu

Version b: https://www.testlabbet.nu/

It seems the site adding an / at the end? This result that I have a lot of 301 redirects to the site.

How can I say to Google what version a is my original version and it should only index that one.

Thanks!

Hello Daniel,

I have 3 solutions, I hope one of the solutions will help

[1]. You can set redirection using the .htaccess file. There are many tutorials or articles on Google about how to set htaccess redirection will help you.

[2]. Some web hosting has a feature to set (website A or Link A) to redirect to (Website B or Link )

[3]. I have a module with a feature to set custom redirection from Link A to Link B., Below is the link for your reference.

https://www.presta-addons-modules.com/en/front-office/prestashop-seo-redirections-of-pages-management.html

Edited by Zohaib-fk (see edit history)

Hi.

It is not recommended to use any URL rewriting modules !!!
Such modules will overwrite something and then we will meet here in a few weeks that you have dropped in the search because your URL is not valid or it has been spammed.
Hands off rewriting.
Some people (mainly e-shop owners) are bothered by the fact that some IDs are displayed before the names. But be aware that it is a unique identifier that search engines can index !!!
No need to rewrite anything and then have problems with it.
a nice URL is also one that has different IDs in it !!!

Search engines read the content and not examine the url !!!

Any redirection can and does cause more problems. Google excludes URLs that redirect multiple times from searches.

Question: why are some e-shops selling the same goods at the same price higher in searches? Because they can pay for ads! Why aren't people searching for my products? Because someone else has optimized content and does not contain only product praise !! Never write that your product is the best, has no competition, is the cheapest. This was possible sometime 10 years ago.

As the module here recommends, it will do more harm than good. It's nice that URL A turns URL B, but URL A has another Ab, Ac, Ad (if there are combinations). How many times does your URL get rewritten?

From the customer's perspective: what is the content of the site, is everything there, is the price good for me? Show me some number when customers are exploring the url !!!

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)