Error trying to install a new template

Daniel GIO

Hello Guys,

I'm trying to install a new template just purchased from Prestashop addons for my website

I'm still using the classic template so this is my first update,

I always get this message :

Compile Error: Only variables can be passed by reference

[Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException 0]

But it has installed some features of the new template and I really need help.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

@juanrojas has some good points - additionally it may be that the template you installed added some hook(s) or other code that alter the data displayed by the template(s) and cause errors in your default template.

You may also try to disable (not delete) custom modules you have installed and check this way if they have hooks affecting your site.

12 hours ago, juanrojas said:

Hello, share more details, Prestashop version? php version? What is the name of the theme you are trying to install? how did you install it? Did you take a look at their documentation?

Hello and thanks for your reply

Prestashop version is 1.7.8.8

php version is 7.4.33 (required by the hosting company when initially installing prestashop

The theme I purchased and trying to install is "Interio - Decor and Furniture, Home & Garden"

I installed by going to Design, Theme and Logo", add new theme, I added the zio file from my pc and click save. After that scroll down, found the new theme and click on "use this theme" and after THE MENTIONED ERROR IS DISPLAYED. It ask my either to go on Debug mode or go back to previous page-

Thanls

12 hours ago, QuickUpdate.net said:

@juanrojas has some good points - additionally it may be that the template you installed added some hook(s) or other code that alter the data displayed by the template(s) and cause errors in your default template.

You may also try to disable (not delete) custom modules you have installed and check this way if they have hooks affecting your site.

Thanks for your reply

I tryed to disable Non prestashop modules, but still have the same error

12 hours ago, QuickUpdate.net said:

Thanks for your reply

I tryed to disable Non prestashop modules, but still have the same error