CSV Import create new product as n.d.

@diegofrancesco

Hello,

after upgrading from Prestashop 1.7.2 to 1.7.8, when I try to import a csv file to update the products the import is successful without errors but new products with name n.d. are created. and inside the contents actually present in the csv file. Instead of updating existing products.

I disabled the modules, enabled debugging and there are no errors, the product ids in the file are correct.

Has this happened to anyone else? How could it be solved? Searching the forum I didn't find any applicable solutions.

Thank you

1 hour ago, @diegofrancesco said:

after upgrading from Prestashop 1.7.2 to 1.7.8, when I try to import a csv file to update the products the import is successful without errors but new products with name n.d. are created. and inside the contents actually present in the csv file. Instead of updating existing products.

Did you check your modules before update. Not all can go to 1.7.8.
And why did you update?

Your hoster went higher in PHP Versions?

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

I updated because I installed a new template and because I had too many bugs on that version of Prestashop. I also updated to php v 7.4.

Importing images via csv gives me no problems, for example.

I had a module that was giving problems because it was not compatible and I deleted it after the update.

13 minutes ago, @diegofrancesco said:

I was forced to upgrade because I had Php 7.1 and some recent modules I couldn't use, plus other security issues.I was forced to upgrade because I had Php 7.1 and some recent modules I couldn't use, plus security issues since the version was very old.

Change yoiu host, hosts which force you to jump a cliff should be avoided.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I'm still investigating my problem, checking the log file when I start importing the csv file I find this:

[php7:notice] PHP Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../controllers/admin/AdminImportController.php on line 1954

and in the specified file I find this, line 1954    $link_rewrite = Tools::link_rewrite($product->name[$id_lang]);

$link_rewrite = (is_array($product->link_rewrite) && isset($product->link_rewrite[$id_lang])) ? trim($product->link_rewrite[$id_lang]) : '';
        $valid_link = Validate::isLinkRewrite($link_rewrite);
        if ((isset($product->link_rewrite[$id_lang]) && empty($product->link_rewrite[$id_lang])) || !$valid_link) {
            $link_rewrite = Tools::link_rewrite($product->name[$id_lang]);
            if ($link_rewrite == '') {
                $link_rewrite = 'friendly-url-autogeneration-failed';
            }
        }

[php7:notice] PHP Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../controllers/admin/AdminImportController.php on line 1964

and in the specified file I find this, line 1964        '%1$s' => Tools::htmlentitiesUTF8($product->name[$id_lang]),

if (!$valid_link) {
            $this->informations[] = $this->trans(
                'Rewrite link for %1$s (ID %2$s): re-written as %3$s.',
                [
                    '%1$s' => Tools::htmlentitiesUTF8($product->name[$id_lang]),
                    '%2$s' => !empty($info['id']) ? Tools::htmlentitiesUTF8($info['id']) : 'null',
                    '%3$s' => Tools::htmlentitiesUTF8($link_rewrite),
                ],
                'Admin.Advparameters.Notification'
            );
        }

The file import for images occurs without errors.