Stock Management showing wrong name

Dionla

Prestashop version 1.7.8.8

When creating products i would typically 'Duplicate' the product to create the next one.
after creating all my products i go back to the stock management but it seems to of kept the 'copy of' name and isnt updating the product name to match the actual product

how do i go about fixing this up so the product names show correctly in stock management

prestashop.png

Il y a 2 heures, musicmaster a dit :

Seeing the picture makes me wonder whether you understood what I wrote.

yes I understood but I have no choice to change the language to modify the title, I activated another language to see and it doesn't change anything I have the option but in all languages I put the fair title but in stock the title of the product keeps the copy of

18 hours ago, jerome409 said:

yes I understood but I have no choice to change the language to modify the title, I activated another language to see and it doesn't change anything I have the option but in all languages I put the fair title but in stock the title of the product keeps the copy of

Obviously you have no other choice than looking straight in the database and finding out for which languages and shops the product still has the "copy of" name in the ps_product_lang table.

18 hours ago, musicmaster said:

This is a database table. If you don't know how to find that you should hire support.

Yeah, i found my products in that table. they do have the 'copy of'.
What table has the original names in it so i can copy from. this table doesn't have the product name inside it only the product name to reference. 

For anyone wondering on a script how to fix it

UPDATE `ps_product_lang` AS lang1
INNER JOIN `ps_product_lang` AS lang2
ON lang1.id_product = lang2.id_product
SET lang1.name = lang2.name,
    lang1.link_rewrite = lang2.link_rewrite
WHERE lang1.id_shop = 1 
  AND lang2.id_shop = 2
  AND lang2.name LIKE '%ENTER YOUR PRODUCT NAME HERE%';

Entering the product name will only update those products, saves you updating your entire database.
As mentioned you will be modifying your DB, so take a backup and take care when doing so

• 3 months later...