PS1.8 multistore function creates multistores but frontend does not show products or design

frustrate

Can anyone provide some form of solution to this issue. The frontend of multiple shops created does not function at all. The main shop works fine but the subsequent multi stores has no effect on any frontend. I have tried redirecting, I have tried virtual domains, I have tried subdomains. I have tried almost everything under the sun that could possibly be wrong and have no success with getting this module to function.

I have read and watched most of the available information and none really provide the information required except the common sense things like switch this on and enter this data here. SO the multistore shows up in the back office but as far as minipulating any data such as products to show in the frontend, does not happen. I cannot have different logos or banners for different shops, products are not imported, forget about prices and nevermind getting the cart to function.

So where am I going wrong if I am being told just follow the instructions in the documentation.

I'm in the same boat. I had great hopes for PS 8.1.1, and I thought they had finally made a usable version. But I enabled multistore tonight, and just like you describe, you get nothing. No images show if you go to the catalogue and look at products. Zero modules work. I even tried resetting all the modules, but I wasted time.

22 minutes ago, Bill Dalton said:

I'm in the same boat. I had great hopes for PS 8.1.1, and I thought they had finally made a usable version. But I enabled multistore tonight, and just like you describe, you get nothing. No images show if you go to the catalogue and look at products. Zero modules work. I even tried resetting all the modules, but I wasted time.

Maybe we can work this out together. I understand that the front end requires to draw the information it needs to serve up the pages from the database. So there must be a file that contains the required information and code for each store. So logically one would think that your domain needs to point to the main store and in the main store there should be a folder for shop1, shop2 etc. This does not exist when activating multistore.  So either my logic is wrong or PS does not have a functioning multistore.

I did somehow manage to get a 2nd store up and running but any changes there, changes the main store as well, so that failed and if you ask me to replicate it I wont be able to because I am not sure how I did it.

I was able to reproduce this error.

I installed PS 8.1.1. I installed Leo's third-party theme. I enabled multistore. 2nd domain is assigned PS default theme.

1st domain with a third-party theme works well.

2nd domain with the PS default theme has no working modules or graphics. The theme displays only the shop logo. One strange thing is that the code does have all the expected links, but nothing shows.

So that is all I know.

I'm going to try again with another theme. I'll use the latest version of Panda.

Bad news: although enabling multistore with PS default theme fixes the front-end problem, images are missing in the back office catalogue in product edit mode.

I also reproduced this behaviour with both the Panda and Leo themes.

I also reproduced images missing in the back office catalogue in product edit mode without any third-party theme installed.

So, in PS 8.1.1, multistore will break images in the back office in product edit mode.

I don't know if this will happen on a PS upgrade, but for a clean install on my box, the PS 8.1.1 multistore is broken.

So, on my box, PS 8.1.1 multistore, turning off the new product page in experimental features allows you to edit images. For example, you can't change the cover image default unless you turn off the new product page in experimental features. The good news is that for everything else, like working with combinations, you can enable the new product page and take advantage of the new functionality.

So that is my workaround.

1. install multistore with the default PS classic theme enabled. After that, you can change themes.

2. after the multistore is enabled, you can use the new product page, but you may need to turn it off temporarily to work with some images. After editing your images, you can turn the new product page on for working with combinations and bulk edits.

I can live with that for now.