Problems with 8.0.4 Error 500 on sign in

withypitts

Prestashop 8.0.4

PHP V 8.0

Standard install mid July 2023

Seeing this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Validate::isPasswd() in /home/withypit/public_html/presta17/override/classes/Customer.php:67
  Stack trace:
  #0 /home/withypit/public_html/presta17/classes/form/CustomerLoginForm.php(72): Customer->getByEmail('support@withypi...', '***********')
  #1 /home/withypit/public_html/presta17/controllers/front/AuthController.php(58): CustomerLoginFormCore->submit()
  #2 /home/withypit/public_html/presta17/classes/controller/Controller.php(319): AuthControllerCore->initContent()
  #3 /home/withypit/public_html/presta17/classes/Dispatcher.php(510): ControllerCore->run()
  #4 /home/withypit/public_html/presta17/index.php(28): DispatcherCore->dispatch()
  #5 {main} thrown in /home/withypit/public_html/presta17/override/classes/Customer.php on line 67

Ho do I fix this anyone?

Thanks

Richard

10 minutes ago, idnovate.com said:

Check this file /override/classes/Customer.php to know which module has overridden this class. It seems that you have an override for PS 1.7, so you need to update this module too.

Thank you.  So I identified the module 

(  * module: lecmprepass
    * date: 2023-06-21 13:02:50
    * version: 1.0.0  ||

used to migrate passwords when migrating from Opencart.  I've tried to both Disable and Uninstall the module but am unable to do so.  

Could not perform action disable for module undefined

Could not perform action uninstall for module undefined

I assume that just deleting would not be the best outcome?

Thanks for you guidance.

2 hours ago, withypitts said:

Thank you.  So I identified the module 

(  * module: lecmprepass
    * date: 2023-06-21 13:02:50
    * version: 1.0.0  ||

used to migrate passwords when migrating from Opencart.  I've tried to both Disable and Uninstall the module but am unable to do so.  

Could not perform action disable for module undefined

Could not perform action uninstall for module undefined

I assume that just deleting would not be the best outcome?

Thanks for you guidance.

OK, I disables the module by setting Active to 0 in the database.  Problem still exists though.

Hi,

If you have custom overrides in your Prestashop installation, make sure that your custom code is compatible with PrestaShop 8.0.4 and PHP 8.0.

13 hours ago, withypitts said:

OK, I disables the module by setting Active to 0 in the database.  Problem still exists though.

In BO, Check if there are any modules related to authentication or customer login. Try disabling or uninstalling any modules related to customer authentication to see if the error goes away.

Enable debugging mode in Prestashop to get more detailed error messages.

Take backup of your website and database before making significant changes like this to ensure you can recover your site in case anything goes wrong.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, withypitts said:

Sure, the problem is in the override and the code is executed anyway even if the module is disabled. You can rename this file and clear cache. Check if there isn't any other function in this override.

Then contact the module developer.

2 hours ago, idnovate.com said:

Sure, the problem is in the override and the code is executed anyway even if the module is disabled. You can rename this file and clear cache. Check if there isn't any other function in this override.

Then contact the module developer.

Thank you.  After doing this problem remained, so, disabled all overrides (as far as I can see there are no other modules in Override, and problem solved.  Thank you so much

Regards

Richard