Anyway to save modules?

neocomputersuk

I am having issued with my prestashop install, after updating to a different theme things stopped working so I changed the theme back so mostly everything works, my discounts don't highlight in the checkout or work automatically and other smaller things which don't really bug me but I would like to change the theme and update the website. We are currently running 1.7.9, I have tried to update to 8.1 and it bricked the whole site. I then got the prestashop migrator and set up a staging site, I was going to reinstall prestashop on the main site and then migrate it back across but the issue with doing this is I lose the modules and the data that is connected with those modules.

How do I refresh or reinstall prestashop and keep the data?

Hi.

Many steps need to be taken in order to transfer the settings and other essentials of the modules.
In the database, these are the tables:
ps_authorization_role, ps_configuration, ps_configuration_kpi, ps__configuration_kpi_lang, ps_configuration_lang, ps_module, ps_module_access, ps_module_carrier (if module is carrier), ps_module_country (if module is carrier or payment method), ps_module_currency (if module is carrier or payment method), ps_module_group, ps_module_history, ps_module_reference, ps_module_shop + tables using modules.
And all of this so that it is linked to each other according to ID !!!

So it is definitely easier and safer to install and configure the modules again.

16 hours ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

Hi.

Many steps need to be taken in order to transfer the settings and other essentials of the modules.
In the database, these are the tables:
ps_authorization_role, ps_configuration, ps_configuration_kpi, ps__configuration_kpi_lang, ps_configuration_lang, ps_module, ps_module_access, ps_module_carrier (if module is carrier), ps_module_country (if module is carrier or payment method), ps_module_currency (if module is carrier or payment method), ps_module_group, ps_module_history, ps_module_reference, ps_module_shop + tables using modules.
And all of this so that it is linked to each other according to ID !!!

So it is definitely easier and safer to install and configure the modules again.

I sat last night after I wrote this and reinstalled the one click upgrade module, after doing a server backup I updated to PS 8.1.1 and then updated the PHP to 8.1. There still seems to be some bugs in the system but mostly everything is working better than the previous attempt to upgrade.

The main issues I want to try and address are my backend layout doesn't show correctly (see attached image of the layout shift) and although discounts did work again after the upgrade they have now stopped working again, I imagine this is due to one of the modules I am using. So no discounts show up in the my account section and even if highlighted they don't show in checkout or work automatically is the code is blank.

Screenshot 2023-08-18 184348.jpg

On 8/17/2023 at 11:11 PM, neocomputersuk said:

I am having issued with my prestashop install, after updating to a different theme things stopped working so I changed the theme back so mostly everything works, my discounts don't highlight in the checkout or work automatically and other smaller things which don't really bug me but I would like to change the theme and update the website. We are currently running 1.7.9, I have tried to update to 8.1 and it bricked the whole site. I then got the prestashop migrator and set up a staging site, I was going to reinstall prestashop on the main site and then migrate it back across but the issue with doing this is I lose the modules and the data that is connected with those modules.

How do I refresh or reinstall prestashop and keep the data?

You can try using my free tool Copy_shopdata - although you may find it too complicated.

I agree with ps8moduly.cz that in general keeping module data is not worth the trouble. If you want the module data the best strategy is usually to install the same module version on the new shop and after that copy the tables related to that module from the old to the new shop. But that requires that you know which tables it concerns. And always make a backup...