Prestashop TAGS not working - Product list Empty - There are no products - Search results

gimihome.ro

Hello,
I have a problem and cant figure it out, i`ve been searching forums for 1 week now and cant find anny solution.
My prestashop store uses TAGS, wich worked perfecly before a update, afther a prestashop update to a more recent version, the tags does not work annymore.
Even if I put the products in tags, when I search for the tags in the front office, the TAGS appear on the products page, but when I open the link wich is www.mystore.com/search?tag=TAGNAME is does not work, it shows only that there are no products to show.
Currently using PRESTA 1.7.8.8 on our website www.gimihome.ro
You can find an example here: https://gimihome.ro/cautare?tag=Damigene
As I mentioned, the TAGS worked perfectly before the update.
Please help!

Hi,

Enable PrestaShop's debug mode to see if there are any error messages or warnings that can provide more information about what's causing the problem.

You can do this by editing your config/defines.inc.php file and setting define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true); to true.

Let me know if it shows any error messages.

Thanks!

Hi,

• Clear the cache and check once, If it doesn't solve the issue, check below points.
  • Compare the theme settings on both stores to ensure they are identical, especially settings related to product tags and search functionality.
  • Review the module configurations on both stores. Pay close attention to any modules that might affect search or product tagging. Make sure the settings are the same between the two stores.

Thanks!

We`ve did all of the points you mentioned.

The settings are identical, with the same THEME, the same modules.

The problem persits, the TAG function do not show the products, even if the products are correctly putted in the products tags list.

Any other ideas? 

Any kind of help is apreciated!

Thanks!

Hi,

• Check the .htaccess file for any unusual rules or configurations that might be affecting URL routing. Make sure that it's correctly configured for URL rewriting.
  • Consider inspecting the database directly, focusing on the tables related to tags and products. Verify that the relationships between products and tags are correctly established in the database.
  • Examine the content of the tags themselves. Make sure that the tag names and content match the products' tags exactly.
  • Inspect the browser's console for any JavaScript errors when trying to use the tag search.

If possible, set up a development or staging environment that mirrors your gimihome.ro store and conduct more testing without affecting your live site.

Thanks!

Here are a few final suggestions:

1. If your store was working correctly before the update, you might want to consider rolling back to the previous version of Prestashop and then applying the update again more carefully. Make sure to have backups in place before attempting this.
  2. Try to replicate the issue on a clean PrestaShop installation with the same theme and modules. If the problem occurs in a fresh installation, it could indicate a compatibility issue with the theme or specific modules.
  3. If you have a backup of your store from a time when tags were working correctly, you might consider restoring the database to that point and then reapplying changes and updates incrementally. This can help pinpoint when the issue was introduced.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 2:12 PM, gimihome.ro said:

Hello,
I have a problem and cant figure it out, i`ve been searching forums for 1 week now and cant find anny solution.
My prestashop store uses TAGS, wich worked perfecly before a update, afther a prestashop update to a more recent version, the tags does not work annymore.
Even if I put the products in tags, when I search for the tags in the front office, the TAGS appear on the products page, but when I open the link wich is www.mystore.com/search?tag=TAGNAME is does not work, it shows only that there are no products to show.
Currently using PRESTA 1.7.8.8 on our website www.gimihome.ro
You can find an example here: https://gimihome.ro/cautare?tag=Damigene
As I mentioned, the TAGS worked perfectly before the update.
Please help!

Hi, did you find any solution? I have same issue.