Prestashop Multistore Upgrade from version 1.7.8.9. for version 8.1.1. basic edition

Marco Teixeira

Hello,
We are looking for a reliable and experienced company or developer to perform the upgrade of our multi-store Prestashop 1.7.8.9. for version 8.1.1..
We intend to apply version 8.1.1. Basic edition that contains the Prestashop marketplace module, comes with the new look of the black and white backoffice (basic edition) and new v2 backoffice product page. The warehouse theme should also be updated, we provide the files (we believe this is the easiest part of the whole process).
We use the warehouse theme, and some other modules.
We had a preference for carrying out the service this week or next week (if possible).
Please only send proposals if you already have experience with Prestashop multi-stores.

We await proposals,
Thank you very much!

Hi, I'm curious as to what new feature you desire from PS upgrade?

is your current shop currently lacking some feature other than higher php level you desire?

I'd only be interested in reviewing your current shop and providing free feedback of feature improvements that would grow your business rather than effort to upgrade to latest PS and all that includes. 

I write this only because most people starting out in PS think upgrade is a good idea but in the end your shop has no new features to improve visitors experience.  

good luck!

• Like 1

Hello @PrestaHeroes USA,
In this case, it would be more to our benefit mainly in the multi-store management and in the creation and administration of the products:
- in this new version there is an option when saving to be asked if it is to be applied to all stores. For example, we created a different description for some stores, after some time, if we saved all stores in the option, all descriptions were the same, now this problem no longer happens;
- possibility to use lighter image formats (webp);
-in the case of customers, the problem that when the customer created an order as a guest, when he created the customer account, that order did not appear, is solved.
These may seem like small improvements, however, especially the first one, it will be really useful in our daily lives.
In addition, we get the most up-to-date store in terms of future features and security issues.
Thanks!

Hi Marco, thanks for sharing and not taking my comments as a negative.

- in this new version there is an option when saving to be asked if it is to be applied to all stores. For example, we created a different description for some stores, after some time, if we saved all stores in the option, all descriptions were the same, now this problem no longer happens;
- possibility to use lighter image formats (webp);
-in the case of customers, the problem that when the customer created an order as a guest, when he created the customer account, that order did not appear, is solved.

for first and last, those seem like important 'fixes'.

for second, webp available but solutions I have see are lacking in several different ways...I tend to steer clear of webp just because I have not seen a good module yet.

the process for upgrade would be to do this on a new test copy of your shop, validate everything is hunky dory, then sort syncing of new customers/orders/stock....if you are not terribly familiar with PS upgrades there is bit more planning, make sure whomever you go with builds a project plan with all the bit's needed for success.  

or, just saying, hire someone to get 1st and 2nd feature into your existing shop, and use time/money/energy getting features that improve visitor experience.  if you like DM me with your shop url so I can see product vertical, shop...if you want to know what features, see walmart.com amazong.com newegg.com and your direct competitors then make plan to kick their ass in feature. 

happy ps'ing