PHP Upgrade - End of life

d2iautosound

Hi all, 

I'm running PS Version 1.7.8.7 on my site. 
So i recently got the end of life PHP message and i can't seem to find out what to do here. 

The message says:

"The PHP version your shop is running on is insecure.
It reached its end-of-life, which means it won't get security updates anymore and projects will stop supporting it.
Upgrading will keep your shop secured and performant."

I have looked in my Cpanel settings and it appears i'm running version 7.1 although i could be in the complete wrong area as this is above my knowledge level. 

Any advise on where to go from here or what to do? 

Thanks for your help, 

Darcy.

PHP Message.jpg

PHP Server.jpg

Hi,

Prestashop 1.7 is compatible with PHP 7.1 to 7.4. However, since you're currently on PHP 7.1, I recommend upgrading to PHP 7.4, which should provide better security and performance.

Before making any changes, back up your website and its database to ensure that you have a copy of your site in case anything goes wrong during the upgrade process.

While you're addressing the PHP upgrade, it's also worth considering upgrading your Prestashop version to the latest supported release. Newer versions often come with bug fixes, performance improvements, and security enhancements.

Thanks!

you can disregard, the only issue is if your webhosting upgrades your php level that ps does not support.  We have many clients that run on older versions of php without an issue.

I don't recommend upgrading PS  in response to php levels unless hosting is going to drop that php from shared/vps hosting.  Most successful shop cannot just be one click upgraded, modules/themes etc must all be researched for compatiblity.