I want to add a checkbox and Text field on Options tab of product in Backoffice Prestashop 8.0.4

Roshan Bhavsar

Hello, I want to add the checkbox and a text field into the options tab of the product. Prestashop version is 8.0.4.

I have added a piece of code, to show the checkbox and the input field. When checkbox is checked then text box will be shown else hidden.

But now I'm struggling for the saving of that checkbox and textbox values into the database. (I already created a fields into the database "is_special_product" and  "special_description"). So which are the steps that are to be followed for the data is being saved into the database (for both create and edit). I did the changes in classes/product.php , AdminProductDataProvider.php, ProductOptions.php etc. So, please help mw with the same. please list out the files which are needed to be changed to do the same with changes required. 

Thanks in advance.

special.png

Edited by Roshan Bhavsar (see edit history)

• Roshan Bhavsar changed the title to I want to add a checkbox and Text field on Options tab of product in Backoffice Prestashop 8.0.4
En 21/8/2023 a las 7:30 AM, Roshan Bhavsar dijo:

Hello guys, I'm still struggling with this. can anybody share the list of files those needs to be changed. 

It will be better if anybody 

Thanks in advance.

You must not modify files, you must make a module, above you have examples
Prestashop is not an html system, you must use modules, override or another system, but never modify files or you will lose the changes when updating or you will never be able to update.
learn by examples