Images when importing products via CSV

EcoPets

I have bumped into a issue with a suppliers CSV file for importing new products.  They provide a URL link to their product images that are stored on a 3rd party server (AmazonAWS).  So when the CSV is mapped to the Prestashop file there is no image that would be stored in the "img/p/...." folders.  Now this CAN be done after the product file is correctly imported by manually clicking on "Select Files" in the product record and then referencing the URL the supplier provides.  If this is a 1 off kind of product import, but if there are a large number of products, this is a HUGE labor intensive process!  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

Although I could:

FTP all files to a tmp folder, then, put its path to the csv (/tmp/uploads/img), then, import the csv …

… which will produce products with images (without having to upload image one by one)

, I still find it troublesome to get everything in place, such as right image for right combination, cover image, multi category assignment, price and tax config, etc. 

But that is what I usually do and it has worked for me

On 8/11/2023 at 7:09 PM, s4lvozesta said:

Although I could:

FTP all files to a tmp folder, then, put its path to the csv (/tmp/uploads/img), then, import the csv …

… which will produce products with images (without having to upload image one by one)

, I still find it troublesome to get everything in place, such as right image for right combination, cover image, multi category assignment, price and tax config, etc. 

But that is what I usually do and it has worked for me

Did you try providing the full url of the images at their AWS location?

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 6:48 PM, musicmaster said:

Did you try providing the full url of the images at their AWS location?

I think I did but there was problem, I forget what was it. I should think PS will download each provided image from the URL which makes it ‘slower’ than running ftp?

My issues seems to have been the way the import of the product file from the supplier was working.  I was able to get that working,  BUT I can only get 1 image in the import.  If the supplier has more than one image in their file, I have not yet figure out how to get them all to import and have to get them manually, one b y one.

Hi.

In the import settings in Prestashop, there is an option to choose a separator for multiple values.
So, if you have multiple links to images in the CSV file separated by, for example, a comma, you choose a comma as the multiple separator in the settings.

But we can't see your CSV, so that's just guesswork.

obrazek.thumb.png.aab7e0f69eab0b6c6ccc10f8550c8f06.png