Can't send mail with SMTP

afsfsasfa

I am unable to send mail with SMTP. When sending a test email, I get the following error:

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "[email protected]" using 2 possible authenticators. Authenticator LOGIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: UGFzc3dvcmQ6 ". Authenticator PLAIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: UGFzc3dvcmQ6 ".

I am certain that the password is correct. SSL at port 465 and unencrypted at port 25 both fail.

The SwiftMailer library was abandoned two years ago - is this code maintained by the prestashop community? What are my options?

Ok, now I understand what the problem was. Thank you for that link.

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/24207#issuecomment-1044662820

As this says pressing the "send a test email" button doesn't send the email using the stored credentials in the database. Instead, it uses the configuration that is being showed currently in the form above, even if you didn't submit the changes.

Chrome was, because of the password manager feature, "helpfully" changing the SMTP password in that form to the admin panel password. I had noticed that (since the password field turns blue when it's automatically completed) but I didn't think it was important because I had saved the correct password previously using the same form. Turns out I was wrong!

Edited by afsfsasfa (see edit history)
  • Like 1