Ebay Intergration Module

Has anyone used this module before and does it do the job?

http://www.prestashop-modules.de/product.php?id_product=85

I really want to buy it but as I'm not too clever IT wise I dont want to then find out I need other software to make it work, I registered with Ebay Developers as it states you need to to use the module, however what do I need to do with them? any advice is most welcome, thanks

I emailed the module developer yesterday so waiting for a bit more info, defo agree its needed if you have an ebay shop as you can just import all your products, everywhere else that does this is so expensive and it would mean leaving prestashop which I didnt want to do

fingers crossed someone on here can offer advice

we bought it yesterday, no e-mail yet, payment via paypal is out...

ill let you know if/how it works out.

So, you bought and not yet received anything?
Is it not automatic? Pay & download?

Sorry for my english but I'm italian...

we got the module today,

integrated it, and it runs - sort of - it imported ebay shop categories and a few items and than stops. not sure whats up, waiting on developer to replay. Maybe it has to do with the ebay shop and something in there it has problems to parse...

magento ebay module? couldn't find, any link? (PM) ty!

OK its working, here is a quick summary:

its working as described, it imports ebay shop items that have changed since the first time you used the Module (it makes a timestamp that you can manipulate, i did that and imported around 1200 items in the shop) - it works by invoking a chronjob through a php script that you just visit with a browser or invoke through shell.

+ it works
+ so far so good
+ the module and scripts are very readable, so if you want to change anything and tweak you certainly can if you're into php and api stuff.

- no manual, but its pretty streight forward until something is not working
- developer/guy who is selling is communicating in short sentences, you're pretty much on your own, but i don't think for a 99$/€ pricetag you can expect full 24/7 premium support in addition.

If you need support getting the script to work after buying it, you can contact me via PM and we can get in touch

OK its working, here is a quick summary:

its working as described, it imports ebay shop items that have changed since the first time you used the Module (it makes a timestamp that you can manipulate, i did that and imported around 1200 items in the shop) - it works by invoking a chronjob through a php script that you just visit with a browser or invoke through shell.

+ it works
+ so far so good
+ the module and scripts are very readable, so if you want to change anything and tweak you certainly can if you're into php and api stuff.

- no manual, but its pretty streight forward until something is not working
- developer/guy who is selling is communicating in short sentences, you're pretty much on your own, but i don't think for a 99$/€ pricetag you can expect full 24/7 premium support in addition.

If you need support getting the script to work after buying it, you can contact me via PM and we can get in touch

Hi Ben83,

support is always given but sometimes you have to wait for my reply.
Currently i'm having many customer projects and so i'm very busy.

A new version of the module is in work.
With this new version there will be no need to setup a cronjob.
The module will be notified automatically from ebay if changes on ebay items are made.
If the new version is finished, i will send you a free update.

Regards,
Dirk

Dirk, could you please tell us which are exactly the system requirements, specially on our servers to run the module?
Thank you very much.

The requirements are:
PHP version 5
PHP simplexml
PHP curl
possibility to setup a cronjob

Also you need to have a ebay developer account which must be linked to your normal ebay account.

Hi

I bought the ebay module for 1.2.4 and it works with 1.3.7. What I really need to do is just pickup the specific category from ebay for our shorts. As you will see we sell other items but I really only want to show shorts

Please take a look and advise how we can do this. I would be most grateful

http://www.shorts4u.com/shop/modules/modebayauctions/ebayauctions.php

many thanks

Pinkloveshy

Hi Ben83,

support is always given but sometimes you have to wait for my reply.
Currently i'm having many customer projects and so i'm very busy.

A new version of the module is in work.
With this new version there will be no need to setup a cronjob.
The module will be notified automatically from ebay if changes on ebay items are made.
If the new version is finished, i will send you a free update.

Regards,
Dirk

Hello Dirk

it was not meant as a big criticsm, i just wanted to give a fair review because people asked.
We are very happy with the Module and i give you full thumbs up for the module!
I don't expect replys within 5 minutes for a 99,- Module every time and so far you always replyed back within 24-48 hours which is fair enough!

Suggestion:
- Possible to import Stock Photos / Descriptions from Ebay?
- Possibility/Optoin to take the first xxx Charakters of a Description and use it for Short Description? We got tons of Products and it would be cool if we could just automaticly use a part of the Description for the Short Description / Teaser.
- When Syncing Products always get into the home category even though Category Import is activate.

thanks,
Ben

Hello Dirk

it was not meant as a big criticsm, i just wanted to give a fair review because people asked.
We are very happy with the Module and i give you full thumbs up for the module!
I don't expect replys within 5 minutes for a 99,- Module every time and so far you always replyed back within 24-48 hours which is fair enough!

Suggestion:
- Possible to import Stock Photos / Descriptions from Ebay?
- Possibility/Optoin to take the first xxx Charakters of a Description and use it for Short Description? We got tons of Products and it would be cool if we could just automaticly use a part of the Description for the Short Description / Teaser.
- When Syncing Products always get into the home category even though Category Import is activate.

thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben,

i will send you later a changed file which makes the first XXX characters as short description and which is not putting the products in the home category.

Regards,
Dirk