Attributes with fees but without product combinations

Product e.g. Wooden gate

Select boxes for height, width, color, material, thickness...

Each attribute has several options at a minimum.

Each attribute influences the price.

If we were to create combinations, it would result in an enormous number of possibilities.

Moreover, there are many different gate designs (similar products), each sharing the same attributes.

So, a multitude of combinations multiplied by numerous products would lead to an overwhelming task of inputting price impacts and handling it all.

How can we do this without using combinations?

Is it possible to have some global attributes for categories that can be shared among multiple products? These attributes would be applicable to certain products or even all products in the store. Each product on its page would have these attributes (select boxes), and any attribute deviation from default values would have a specific impact on the price (fee).

I have no idea how to manage this, and I can't find any plugin or addon that would enable it.

Please help :)

This is a well known weak point of Prestashop.

The only solution I know is the Attribute Wizard Pro module. But that is not cheap and quite a challenge to install. And it doesn't do all the things you want.

There may be other modules, but you have to search for them.

You might also consider to put some of the options in a separate "service product".

I don't know much about the structure of other webshop software packages. But it may well be that some of them better suit your needs.

• 3 months later...

fihihed715, did you figure this out? Doesn't seem very smart to have to go through combinations when a combination is not necessary. Like it's so basic to just have to add price per attribute value and add that up instead of combinations.