[SOLVED]Products positions (order) in category not working correctly.

Kris0914

I have a 1.7.8.8 store installed, i tried to reordering the position of a few products. The problem is the following:

(Attached images showcasing this) ( Every Parent Category does this, not only the current, if i create a new one, same behavior)
I have 1 Parent Category ( Partent Category ) with 2 Child Categories ( Child 1, Child 2 )
In "Child 1" there are: "Product 1" and "Product 2", In "Child 2" there are: "Product 3" and "Product 4".
When i reorder the products in "Child 1" and open the front end they display as in the backend, but in "Parent Category" they have strange order and when i go to "Parent Category" and reorder them they don't change at all. If i change the order of "Prod 1" and "Prod 2" in "Child 1" then they change their places. This only happens in Parent Categories not in Child with no other Childs. 

I have "Default Order Method" (In Store Parameters/Products Settings) to "Place in Category". 

I will be greatful for any help. Stuck on this for way too long. :)

Information/Specs: ( Attached Photo )

orderbackoffice.png

orderfrontoffice.png

Screenshot 2023-08-01 183347.png

Edited by Kris0914
Solved (see edit history)

Hi,

• Verify the sorting method in BO.
  • Make sure the product positions are set correctly within the "Child 1" and "Child 2" categories. Go to each child category and manually set the product positions based on how you want them to appear in the frontend.
  • Rebuild Product Index - In some cases, the product index might need to be rebuilt to reflect the correct order in the frontend.

Let me know If any of the above step helps.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Hi,

• Verify the sorting method in BO.
  • Make sure the product positions are set correctly within the "Child 1" and "Child 2" categories. Go to each child category and manually set the product positions based on how you want them to appear in the frontend.
  • Rebuild Product Index - In some cases, the product index might need to be rebuilt to reflect the correct order in the frontend.

Let me know If any of the above step helps.

Thanks!

First thank you for your time and help.

1. Verified that the order is set to "position inside category". (First attachment shows the settings)posinsidecategory.thumb.png.528ede6ed1564f455e0c69d4d4d50161.png
2. After going around categories i discovered that this issue affects only 2 out of 6 categories (which are the biggest with most products). I am unaware if the "main"/"default" category impacts the way the order behave (in those 2 categories there a lot of products with main category Home, which was incidential, but never really thought about it). The order is still the same random with changes in the child category only swaps their position no other impact.
3. This may have help with the other 4 categories, but as i have tested only the first two (the 2 not ordering correctly).

I will look more closely into the 2 categories that order incorrectly.

Thank you again for your time,
Chris.

Saw this too late. Fixed it by making a new category with single word (don't know how this works) and it just works. Changed the categories from all products and did some changes to them overall that i wanted to make. 

Still thank you,

Chris. 

• Kris0914 changed the title to [SOLVED]Products positions (order) in category not working correctly.
  • 1 month later...

[UPDATE] 

On 8/8/2023 at 11:43 AM, BonPresta said:

Hi,

Please, try to disable option "Show products from subcategories" in the Faceted search module

This is the right solution to the problem. Which is indicated in the description of the option, but i was stupid enough to not read the module thorough.

Thanks again to BonPresta for helping me solve this! ( And everyone that helped as well! )

Screenshot 2023-10-05 113511.png