Blurry images

neocomputersuk

I have had blurry images in the featured products section of my theme for a few months now and have been unable to sort this, it has also caused an issue in the actual product page where they aren't displaying correctly either. I have tried regenerating all the thumbnails but still having issues.  

I have a feeling its to do with the theme, I tried to change this a few months ago, it went horribly wrong and the site hasn't been right since. I have also attempted to update with one click to prestashop 8 and ended up having to roll back to a backup due to major issues.

Hi,

1. Try switching to a default PrestaShop theme (such as the Classic theme) temporarily to see if the images display correctly. If the images are clear with the default theme, it's likely that the problem lies within your current theme.

2. There are various image optimization modules available in the PrestaShop marketplace. Consider installing one of the modules, which can help optimize and display images correctly.

Thanks!

The most logical explanation for blurry images would be that you have place for a big image on your page and you try to fill it with a small image. That image must then being stretched and as a consequence looks blurry.

If you can't check that out yourself you can ask people here. You can publish an url. If you want you can also pm me an url.

BTW: Prestools has a free function for regenerating images. 

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)