error misdirected request (SNI)

angellombana

Hello, I have updated my prestashop 1.7 to version 8 and what I find next is that I have problems to see it from iPhone/Safari
says the following

misdirected request the client need a new connection for this request as the requested host name does not match the server name indication in use for this connection

PHP 8 I delete cookies, I tried incognito but it doesn't work, does anyone know about this?

in windows in all browsers it works fine, the ssl certificate is fine

I update: my server says

"The error that you have told us in this ticket is known and only appears in Safari, due to the way that this browser manages SSL Certificates, for this reason when installing it the web shows a Misredirect Request error.

Normally it is solved in the way that we have been indicating, creating a redirection of the main URL of your website with HTTPS (without WWW) to HTTPS (with www). However, and possibly due to the internal configuration of PrestaShop, when doing so an error appears in the browser, as you have been showing us.

Therefore, first of all we would recommend you to check if within PrestaShop there is any option or module to force the use of the HTTPS protocol on your web page or to modify the internal URLs so that they all point to HTTPS."

Any ideas?

Hi,

Since you have updated PrestaShop to version 8, there might be some changes in the default SSL configuration or how HTTPS is handled.

1. Check if there is an option or module in PrestaShop to force the use of HTTPS on your website.

2. Double-check the SSL certificate installation to ensure there are no issues

3. Confirm that your SSL certificate is compatible with all major browsers, including Safari on iOS

4. Review your server's configuration to see if there are any issues related to the SSL setup. Make sure that your server is correctly configured to handle SSL connections for both www and non-www versions of your website.

5. On your iPhone/Safari, try clearing the cache and cookies to eliminate any potential conflicts from old data.

6. Check that Safari on your iPhone is updated to the latest version. Older versions of Safari may have compatibility issues with newer SSL configurations.

7. As a last resort, consider trying different SSL certificates to see if the issue is related to a specific certificate.

Keep in mind that SSL certificate configuration can be complex, and small misconfigurations can cause issues. Therefore, if you are not familiar with SSL configuration, consider seeking assistance from a web hosting provider or a professional who can help you with the setup.

Please remember to take backups of your website before making any major changes to its configuration or SSL settings. If things gone wrong you can revert to a working state in case any issues arise during the troubleshooting process.