Drop Shipping

EcoPets

I am new here but I have searched here and the broader internet for answers to my situation.  So I will post the question here and see if anyone has an explanation that might help..

We are building a niche drop shipping site that will only have a few select products from 2-3 suppliers that are outside to the typical drop ship sources such as Ali Express etc..  What I need is to be able to compile orders for those products, sort them into supplier orders, send to the suppliers by some means, like CSV, XML etc, get details back from the suppliers regarding the orders with tracking info, shipping dates etc.

Back in 1.6.25, there was a SUPPLY ORDER section that did this somewhat, but it is gone in 1.7/8.0.  I know that there are some modules that claim to do this, but the costs are way above our budget for a store just starting.  I do not see any way that I can do this other than completely manually working the orders through the process.  That sort of defeats the purpose of have a platform like Prestashop.

I have looked into some 3rd party integrators that might be able to do this pretty reasonably, but there is not much detail regarding what fields in the database would be needed, in each stage of the process, so I can see who can best make this happen.  It is likely that each of the suppliers will need different pieces of data so the processes could be different.  We might even be able to pay some community developer for this work.

My question here is , has anyone else had to handle this kind of problem and how might you have gone about it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

55 minutes ago, EcoPets said:

My question here is , has anyone else had to handle this kind of problem and how might you have gone about it?

So far the biggest issue is that the provider fails to answer. Its unbelieveable but still.

I can understand that, but we will be communicating with the supplier(s) regarding their desired methods for orders and those that don't communicate and work with us on setting things up simply will not be used.

18 minutes ago, EcoPets said:

I can understand that, but we will be communicating with the supplier(s) regarding their desired methods for orders and those that don't communicate and work with us on setting things up simply will not be used.

Well I don't get that behavior. All agreed upon, the client set up a list in their shop and then zilch. No more answers.
There is a modul we use to update product count. That kind of behavior is highly unprofessional.

No argument here.  We do have several suppliers we will; try to work with.  It is not so much their lack of response as it is the methodology of the solution(s) we want to work out.  What module do you use?

• Like 1