Module installation in PS 8.1 puzzles me

musicmaster

I am a bit puzzled by the way module installation is happening in PS 8.1. I try to install some old modules of which I am not certain that they are compatible.

What typically happens is that the first time I try to install some module I get some warning. However, the second time I try it takes a very long time and then in the end the module is somehow installed.

What is happening here? Is this behavior somehow documented?

Hi,

Older modules might not always be compatible with the latest PrestaShop version. When trying to install an old module on a newer version, you might encounter issues due to changes in the codebase, database structure, or architecture.

When you attempt to install a module, PrestaShop will often check its compatibility and issue warnings if it detects potential issues. These warnings could be related to the module version, dependencies, or conflicts with other installed modules.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:54 PM, musicmaster said:

I try it takes a very long time

The module might have complex installation routines, depend on external services, or have to perform database modifications.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:54 PM, musicmaster said:

What is happening here? Is this behavior somehow documented?

PrestaShop typically provides documentation on module installation and compatibility. You should refer to the official PrestaShop documentation, release notes, or the module developer's documentation to understand how to install modules properly and verify their compatibility with the PrestaShop version you are using

Thanks!