Addons Team treats unfair module developers allowing some of them to use overrides

wiktor696969

Hello,

As we can read in official PS documentation

It is not recommended to use an override in a module that you intend to distribute (for instance through the PrestaShop Addons marketplace), and they are forbidden in partner modules.

And last time one of our customers asked us to make shop update and we have a lot of trouble because some of official addons modules was using overrides.

for example this one
https://addons.prestashop.com/en/promotions-gifts/9129-promotions-and-discounts-3x2-sales-offers-packs.html#overview

So dear addons team, please tell us how it is possible that such a module is available on official prestashop store? Moreover it has even flag "Certified"?

I know that this module generates for you a lot of money, but I think it's very unfair. I am also selling few modules on your platform and last time you rejected my modules when I forgot to display notification after config save...

If you don't want to disable selling of such a modules maybe you should at least display some kind of warning "this module uses overrides and can cause compatibility problems with other modules". Because my webagency will not use such a modules in stores which we are creating for our customers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I understand that you know, as a developer, that sometimes the only way to develop some functionalities are with overrides. We always try to use hooks when possible, because overrides also imply more conflicts on installations.

Anyway, this module is used in a lot of stores and this has not been a problem for anyone, nor conflicts with other modules that couldn't be fixed.

If you need help to merge some overrides, just send us a message and we will help you.

EDIT: For sure we don't have a different treatment that other agencies 😅

Edited by idnovate.com (see edit history)