Calculating shipping for international markets

Toda

I am sorry for being too ignorant. I hope you bear with me as it is going to be my first ever Prestashop site. Could anyone please let me know how to effectively calculate and add different shipping rates for the item in different countries? What is the process for doing so and where do I go to process this all?

Thank you again and regartds

Edited by Toda (see edit history)

• Toda changed the title to Calculating shipping for international markets
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, i think in most cases calculation is about total weight or/and dimensions. You can set it up in Prestashop menu: Carriers. Take the spreadsheet provided by your favourite or the cheapest carrier and adjust weight accordingly. If you haven's set up details such as weight/height in every product you will have a problem, because in EU you have to provide cos t of items and exact cost of shipment before someone placed and paid for order.

ecommerce is easy shipping is hard

really the best way is to ensure products have weight and/or dimensions defined

then find 3rd party shipping platform that integrates with PS, ship station for example.  

it's difficult to find good PS shipping modules for 'every' carrier.

another option is to use free shipping, then add specific price for a particular country that would generally include shipping costs.

creating carriers manually as mentioned by mati41 above is simple fast way to set up shipping when one has the information from carrier